1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys here who have installed the clarks recoil spring plug in your officers acp how has it worked for you? Does it work fine out of the package just dropping it in or does it need to be fitted? I ask as I've read about the plug being thicker than the original and causing premature slide lock or jams. Is this a common problem? Mine seems to fit fine and the slide seems to move freely also,it says "no slide modification required" on the package it came in. I'm carrying my colt cobra in the meantime until I can get to the range friday and to test my officers acp with the new part in it.

Thanks for any input on this guys FWIW my officers acp has run flawlessly through many of hundreds of rounds. I figured I'd change the recoil spring plug since hearing and reading of the failures of the OEM colt part. I'm a firm believer in if it ain't broke don't fix it,so I saw no point in changing anything else. How many rounds should I fire to make sure its going to work with the clarks plug installed?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mine has run 100% with the Clark's plug. No fitting was required. I never had a problem with the OEM parts either.
Tomcatt

·
Registered
185 Posts
my plug did not "drop in". i ended up taking the pistol to clarks aand having them install the plug. they did not charge me for the fitting as i paid them to have the front sight dovetailed, pistol dehorned, and trigger job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts