1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new in box night officers (commander frame..Officers slide and bushing assy. The problem is I am having a difficult time removing the bushing I have a bushing wrench but it does not fit an officers bushing...I have not seen a bushing this tight except for my bullseye gun..any ideas on how to get this out without marring the finish.

Thanks Gary

·
Registered
645 Posts
You can also get an Officers bushing wrench from Brownells for $3.50 It is made of a bright orange nylon and will not scratch anything. It is double sided so the other end will fit all other 1911's that use a bushing.

My bushing is so tight that I have to turn the bushing and then slide the barrel all the way forward until the bushing contacts the rear of the barrel. With some steady pressure from the back and at the same time, pulling the the barrel from the front, the bushing will pop out of the slide.

Make sure when you re-install the bushing you put a little grease or oil on the outside surface so that it does not fuse to the slide when it gets hot from prolonged shooting.

MadDog

1 - 3 of 3 Posts