3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could any of you gentlemen recomend the best
fix? this is my second bushing.

TIA Chris

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Our shop uses and recommends the complete King's Officer's Bushing and Recoil Spring Guide rod kit, although the bushing is available alone. I believe that Ed Brown also has/had a strengthened bushing in his catalog for the Officer's - I think it is a drop in, if memory serves me correctly. Check with www.Brownells.com.

The King's bushing is "oversized, Gunsmith's fit", but this does give you a strong bushing and an accuracy improvement all at once in most guns. Mine had to be fitted to both the slide and barrel, but it works great. The recoil spring guide rod, spring and plug work great as well - no possibility of shearing off the "tab" on the standard Officer's recoil spring plug.

With the King's kit, my Officer's has always been 100%. And your "bushing wrench" becomes any adjustable wrench - the King bushing has flats milled on each side.

Warmly, Col. Colt

"Beware of Counterfeits & Patent Infringements" - Samuel Colt, from a mid-1850's Colt Newpaper Ad. More True Today than 150 years ago!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Col.

That suggestion would also take care of the
other problem; the plug. (second one of those too)

I see one other "kit" offered by that flat wire spring
company. Have you heard of them before? I.M.I
or something to that effect.

TIA Chris

·
Registered
713 Posts
Additional Info

Col. Colt is right. Also, CAW you are referring to the ISMI spring and reverse spring plug...it does not address the barrel bushing ... C&S also makes an aftermarket bushing for officers slides but it is not on their website...you will have to call to see if it is in stock. Kings addresses the whole assembly.

http://www.ismi-gunsprings.com/
http://www.kingsgunworks.com/newcatalog/page04.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ton's guys

all the good info and bjg 1911 posts a link
right to the page!!

Kings it is the order will go in soon

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts