3921 - 3940 of 5612 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,755 Posts
GREAT to hear .

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Alright, I thinned the heard to get a downpayment on a SACS Professional...oh yeaaahhhh :rock:
Congrats! Now it will be time to endure the long wait.

I hope you went through a dealer who could get you a price below retail.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Congrats! Now it will be time to endure the long wait.

I hope you went through a dealer who could get you a price below retail.
Thank you sir and yes I emailed and left a message at Sacs and am currently waiting a return call. If that doesn't go well, I was directed to Hammond that I could get a decent deal through him, although I didn't see him as a dealer for Springfield. If all else fails, I'll poll the forum for a reputable ffl to order from. I just want to get the process started so these 24+ months can get along now. :bawling:

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Thank you sir and yes I emailed and left a message at Sacs and am currently waiting a return call. If that doesn't go well, I was directed to Hammond that I could get a decent deal through him, although I didn't see him as a dealer for Springfield. If all else fails, I'll poll the forum for a reputable ffl to order from. I just want to get the process started so these 24+ months can get along now. :bawling:
The Pro you see with the gray grips in the picture on this page is one I ordered from Hammond. My dad just received a railed Pro last week that he ordered from Hammond. He is a trusted seller and well respected on this site. I've gotten a Daniel Defense AR, two Ed Browns, one Les Baer, one Springfield Pro, and I have a Wilson Supergrade on order from him. There is no reason to order directly through SACS, unless you just like the idea of spending more money than you need to. :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
The Pro you see with the gray grips in the picture on this page is one I ordered from Hammond. My dad just received a railed Pro last week that he ordered from Hammond. He is a trusted seller and well respected on this site. I've gotten a Daniel Defense AR, two Ed Browns, one Les Baer, one Springfield Pro, and I have a Wilson Supergrade on order from him. There is no reason to order directly through SACS, unless you just like the idea of spending more money than you need to. :)
So what you are implying is I should go through Hammond, I understand. I think I will give him a call tomorrow and see what he requires to get the process started.

·
Banned
13,564 Posts
While I did not get my Pro from Jerry, I have bought Baers, Browns and WC's through Jerry and his service is absolutely top notch.

·
Registered
484 Posts
While I did not get my Pro from Jerry, I have bought Baers, Browns and WC's through Jerry and his service is absolutely top notch.
I spoke to him today, and am pulling the trigger on a railed and a non railed pro... I liquidated a few production pieces and have the funds... Now it's the wait and finalization with Jerry. :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,755 Posts
BOTH Your getting both .. I hate you , I hate you , I hate you .. lol

·
Registered
484 Posts
BOTH Your getting both .. I hate you , I hate you , I hate you .. lol
Hate me? LOL You and Live2ride talked me into it LMAO... I couldn't decide if I wanted to try and go for consecutive serials of the same model or not so I flipped a coin and ended up deciding on one of each.:rock:

What kind of wait are you looking at? Congrats!
28 months... I didn't catch him at the greatest time, but it's something. I still have a few other guns to shoot while I wait! :rock:

My motivation...

·
Premium Member
5,755 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,755 Posts
Also thundrr1 posted the FBI test specs .
A great read . It sold me on the gun .

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=459534

MY FAVORITE part :

Abusive Behavior
Meanwhile, the guns that were not randomly chosen for accuracy testing were relegated to the abuse test. The abuse test had two parts: a drop test and a throw test. During both, the guns could not discharge and the magazines could not dislodge from the weapons. Finally, the guns had to fire a full magazine after being dropped or thrown.
During the drop test, guns were dropped onto concrete from a height of 4 feet, landing three times on the muzzle and three times on the butt. The throw test was conducted at 15 feet with the guns heaved onto concrete, twice on the left side and twice on the right. "The guns were pretty beat up after that," Williams deadpanned. However, none of the primed empty cases in the chambers popped and none of the magazines came loose, so it was on to the "field suitability" test.
The FBI brought in SWAT-certified agents from all over the country to shoot the guns to "see if Mikey likes it." The agents shot a specified course of fire consisting of 250 rounds, 150 of which were freestyle in different positions, strong and weak hand, over barricades, prone, kneeling, whatever. The last 100 rounds were shot in two repetitions of a 50 round course similar to an IPSC standard exercise.
At the end of the day, the five guns had shot a total of nearly 50,000 rounds between them, been dropped, thrown, examined under a microscope and passed through innumerable hands. "The original military test was only 6,000 rounds when they adopted the 1911. No one has ever tested a 1911 like this. This is the toughest test the government has probably ever conducted for any gun, other than maybe a machinegun," Williams commented.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Also thundrr1 posted the FBI test specs .
A great read . It sold me on the gun .

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=459534

MY FAVORITE part :

Abusive Behavior
Meanwhile, the guns that were not randomly chosen for accuracy testing were relegated to the abuse test. The abuse test had two parts: a drop test and a throw test. During both, the guns could not discharge and the magazines could not dislodge from the weapons. Finally, the guns had to fire a full magazine after being dropped or thrown.
During the drop test, guns were dropped onto concrete from a height of 4 feet, landing three times on the muzzle and three times on the butt. The throw test was conducted at 15 feet with the guns heaved onto concrete, twice on the left side and twice on the right. "The guns were pretty beat up after that," Williams deadpanned. However, none of the primed empty cases in the chambers popped and none of the magazines came loose, so it was on to the "field suitability" test.
The FBI brought in SWAT-certified agents from all over the country to shoot the guns to "see if Mikey likes it." The agents shot a specified course of fire consisting of 250 rounds, 150 of which were freestyle in different positions, strong and weak hand, over barricades, prone, kneeling, whatever. The last 100 rounds were shot in two repetitions of a 50 round course similar to an IPSC standard exercise.
At the end of the day, the five guns had shot a total of nearly 50,000 rounds between them, been dropped, thrown, examined under a microscope and passed through innumerable hands. "The original military test was only 6,000 rounds when they adopted the 1911. No one has ever tested a 1911 like this. This is the toughest test the government has probably ever conducted for any gun, other than maybe a machinegun," Williams commented.
I actually had not seen this previously, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Which thumb safety should I use to replace the ambi safety on a SA professional? I want to make it a single sided thumb safety. Would it be a Wilson? This is a two year old Pro without the rail, that is new and I am picking up next week.

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
The PROFESSIONAL is by far the best semi-custom gun out there.

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
Just in case you were wondering:)

And I agree!
This was after reading that bit from Dave Williams on the PRO testing. And from personal experience with (so far) my two SACS pistols built to PRO specs.

3921 - 3940 of 5612 Posts