1911Forum banner

4861 - 4880 of 5572 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
To All,
I don't usually post on here, only comment if something interests me, but today I got a phone call, seems my PRO is on it's way. Probably be a late Christmas present since it will take 7 days once paper work completed. Total time for me was 28 months, placed order 8/22/2014.

·
Registered
344 Posts
To All,
I don't usually post on here, only comment if something interests me, but today I got a phone call, seems my PRO is on it's way. Probably be a late Christmas present since it will take 7 days once paper work completed. Total time for me was 28 months, placed order 8/22/2014.
Congrats, don't forget to post pictures.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Got my Pro last week and started the "break in" process at league this week.
I was shooting low left at the beginning, but after I calmed down I started to score well.
I still need to check point of aim/impact with factory ammo and then my reloads, and get her to loosen up a bit. To say that the slide to frame and lock up are tight would be an understatement indeed. I also ordered a set of VZ Op II grips for her, a personal choice.
This Pro thing is for real!

·
Registered
12 Posts
California nonsense

So after 37 months my Pro is finally at Bud's Guns. But it's been stuck there for a week so far because they say they can't ship it to me because of change Springfield made to much of their 1911 line earlier this year. Fortunately none of this had to do with the Pro's but Bud's is confused and is applying it to ALL springfield 1911s. The supervisor I'm dealing with understands this now and is trying to get approval to ship it to me. Dealing with bud's is like dealing with a machine. It's great when it works.

As I understand it Springfield removed the "Integral Locking System" from most of the 1911 lineup. This change makes them illegal in California so they retained the feature in California guns and appended "CA" to the model number for those guns. So Bud's thinks the PC9111 needs to be PC9111CA.

The real point of my dissertation here is that I was just wondering if the Pro has that integral locking system? I suspect it doesn't since the feature was introduced in the early 2000s, well after the pro came out and it seems an awful silly feature on a purpose built gun like the Pro.

·
Administrator
18,611 Posts
No, they do not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So after 37 months my Pro is finally at Bud's Guns. But it's been stuck there for a week so far because they say they can't ship it to me because of change Springfield made to much of their 1911 line earlier this year. Fortunately none of this had to do with the Pro's but Bud's is confused and is applying it to ALL springfield 1911s. The supervisor I'm dealing with understands this now and is trying to get approval to ship it to me. Dealing with bud's is like dealing with a machine. It's great when it works.

As I understand it Springfield removed the "Integral Locking System" from most of the 1911 lineup. This change makes them illegal in California so they retained the feature in California guns and appended "CA" to the model number for those guns. So Bud's thinks the PC9111 needs to be PC9111CA.

The real point of my dissertation here is that I was just wondering if the Pro has that integral locking system? I suspect it doesn't since the feature was introduced in the early 2000s, well after the pro came out and it seems an awful silly feature on a purpose built gun like the Pro.
Freedy,

Springfield Professional is still legal in California, and I just had two PC9111LR's shipped to FFL (Ammobros in Riverside).

Also, I called Springfield Custom Shop yesterday to verify that Springfield Professional will remain on CA Pistol Roster.

Good luck!

Someguy744

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just looked at the Roster and it's been updated with all Springfield's handguns until 1/1/18. What a bunch of freakin' nonsense!

Freedy,

Springfield Professional is still legal in California, and I just had two PC9111LR's shipped to FFL (Ammobros in Riverside).

Also, I called Springfield Custom Shop yesterday to verify that Springfield Professional will remain on CA Pistol Roster.

Good luck!

Someguy744

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm still waiting for my Pro from Bud's and my two Pros from Springfield. I wish all you new Pro owners nothing but the best on your new purchases.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bud's Guns

I'm still waiting for my Pro from Bud's and my two Pros from Springfield. I wish all you new Pro owners nothing but the best on your new purchases.
Bud's got mine at the 37 month mark. Unfortunately they got confused with California gun laws and thought they couldn't ship it to me so it went to someone else. As of today I'm told the snafu is resolved now and I'm next up.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't know if it has been discussed or not, however, I just learned the wholesale cost of the Professionals have increased (very recently) over $400.00. Just wondering if anyone else has heard this....

4861 - 4880 of 5572 Posts