1911Forum banner

601 - 620 of 633 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
1943 Colt 1911A1

Hi to you all. Here some pics of my 1911A1 that I got some years ago. She seems to be in pretty original conditions, I’ll take some better pics and open an apposite thread to have your appreciated opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
I posted this a few years ago but see that the photos disappeared.

This Colt was manufactured in March,1943 and shipped to Springfield sometime between March 17 and April 17. It's all original & matching and in very high condition.

·
Registered
447 Posts
1915 Colt 1911

A Special Edition called, the 'Pancho Villa' model. :biglaugh:

The serial number traces to a batch of 1911s that Colt shipped to the U.S. Army about six months before President Wilson ordered Gen. 'BlackJack' Pershing to commence the operation historically known as The Mexican Punitive Expedition.

Yeah, this one could've been down there in ol' Mexico chasing Pancho around.

It shows a lot of wear, but still shoots and is all original.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
1913 M1911
Lots of patina and holster wears, but still can tell surface got a bit more polishing treatment comparing to later war-time productions. Also small parts have distinct smoke blue color.

This one is the oldest firearm in my collections.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Had a high lottery number, but I finally received a CMP mixmaster the day before yesterday. Remington Rand slide on an Ithaca frame.

I don't see any arsenal rebuild markings, but it's certainly been tinkered with. Contract replacement barrel from 1980. Original factory Park finish, I believe. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Had a high lottery number, but I finally received a CMP mixmaster the day before yesterday. Remington Rand slide on an Ithaca frame.

I don't see any arsenal rebuild markings, but it's certainly been tinkered with. Contract replacement barrel from 1980. Original factory Park finish, I believe. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.
Nice CMP pistol. Typical re-parkerized finish in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
On the contrary, re-park make slide hardening marks more pronounced. The serial number looks like being covered with paint of some sort. When I zoom in your photos, the slide and frame both display the same sand blasting pattern which lead me to believe finish were re-done at the same time during rebuild. Can you take zoon-in photos on the serial number and ordnance wheel markings on the frame?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Finally home during daylight. These are additional photos. I see now what you mean about the serial being colored in.

A re-park is fine with me. I just like to know exactly what I have.

601 - 620 of 633 Posts