1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, after long last, I ordered my Springfield Loaded! It's the parkerized model with Novak sights/tritium. I'm soooooo excited!! It will be here Wednesday, and I can hardly wait. I carry a commander sized para ordinance LTC on a daily basis, but want something different for USPSA competition. Who knows, maybe the springer will become my daily carry if it meets my expectations (after researching it here, I'm certain it will). I really love my Para, so we'll see. Anyone know how bright those tritium sights are at night? I've never looked at them in the proper environment. Thanks, and I'll report back on how she functions Wednesday!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Lucas Groom said:
Anyone know how bright those tritium sights are at night? I've never looked at them in the proper environment. Thanks, and I'll report back on how she functions Wednesday!
Congrats. The tritiums are not bright that it will reflect off of the user. It's bright enought for the operator to see though. :)

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Way to go, Lucas! There's nothing as businesslike as a parkerized 1911. Both my 1911's are Springfield Armory, a Mil Spec (now my custom carry gun) and a GI Champion (4" gun that is my full time IWB), and both are very nicely made. I have no doubt that your Springfield will become your favorite pistol. That said, I expect you'll find your Para LTC a bit more comfortable for IWB carry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.