1911Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
So let me under stand this...If I took the magazine out of my Metro Arms Commander and
engine turned it, it would make my gun worth 40K dollars? Really?
Good grief!

It doesn't even say "Singer" on it anywhere..

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hard pass on that one for me......but as per the old saw, "to each his own........"

·
Registered
24,381 Posts
Something about color case hardening on a modern gun just seems way out of place to me. And while I can certainly see the utility of a light rail, I do not much care for them either.

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
If this thread were in the Nighthawk sub-forum, it would be interesting to see what NH enthusiasts thought about it.

Not suggesting a transfer of the thread, as I think Johnny has placed it in the best place...i.e., it's about the gun's aesthetic, not so much its manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I have plenty of business pistols, all of them in fact. I wouldn’t spend that kinda money either but I would love to win it in a raffle 😊

Reactions: Guyfromohio

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Poor thing looks like it got in a fight with a CNC mill and lost! 🤢
I've always enjoyed superb original humor. And yours here is top tier. I'm still smiling.
+1911

Reactions: Dieselman

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I have plenty of business pistols, all of them in fact. I wouldn’t spend that kinda money either but I would love to win it in a raffle 😊
That is where I fall in this. If I wanted my first 1911, I’d want a purist’s model. I already have classic lines from Wilson, ACW, DW, and Colt. Those grips and that color on the frame are stunning. I could take or leave the front slide “window”, but the rest is just beautiful to my eye. If I saw this on the Gunslinger site for $3500, I’d buy it today.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Or you could have this limited edition Nighthawk Agent 1 - #39 of 50 for just two grand more...

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
The new Nighthawk Agent 2 VIP! So what if its $8500.00? Easy financing? Lol....
It's a barbecue gun. Invite all your friends to a barbecue and shooting party. Wear that ...
^^^
... to defend your guests because: with all the shootin' goin' on, ain't nobody robbing that party - your iron can stay cool.

It's a bit down the barbecue road for my taste (and means). Twin Remington 1858s: "converted" to metallic cartridges; treated with that gold lamme' coating; abalone grip stocks; Stirling front sight, hammer and trigger (plated); lots of engraving. That'd be more my taste.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
So let me under stand this...If I took the magazine out of my Metro Arms Commander and engine turned it, it would make my gun worth 40K dollars? Really?
Yep, really. That's all you'd have to do. Well, that...and glue a mint-condition 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ to it.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts