1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in southern oh on the river, and know camp perry is great, but is there anything going on closer to me under 200 miles ?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Ft.Harmer in Marietta,Ohio shoots IDPA on the 4th sunday of every month April - October also Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmen shoot IDPA.Check out the IDPA web site for more info.www.idpa.com BILLG

·
Registered
441 Posts
What kind of shooting do you like to do?
If you like IDPA there are several places in south-east and south-west Ohio as well as around Columbus, that have regular matches.
There is the Tusco Rifle Club in South-east Ohio that puts on all types of matches. Pins for handguns, carbine, sub-machine guns, and shotguns. Long range rifle and long range .22 rf (sometimes).
There are two IDPA clubs around Youngstown.
For USPSA there are the Lima Sabres, TRW east of Cleveland, and a club near Toledo.
What do you want to shoot?
Neil

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
neil thanks for the reply, as an answer of what i want to shoot, juries very undecided as i"m not really good at any 1 thing although i'd like to be. maybe silloutte, or 3 gun if i understand it right.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Since you are by the river in southern Ohio, how far are you from Lexington, KY? There is an IDPA club there that is quite active. Go to the IDPA website, www.idpa.com , for more info. They are having a major match the end of April.

------------------
John

[This message has been edited by John Forsyth (edited 01-23-2001).]

·
Registered
98 Posts
JB,
Heck shoot something. I'm not very good at IDPA, but I do it. Just ask Neil !

------------------
Wayne
North Royalton, Ohio

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wayne, i've never been to any type of match or competition.looking for something 1hr or so away so i can go to see what it's like.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Wayne,
Your problem is with your revolver. It's just all worn out and shot to he**! I'll give you $50 for it and use it for a project gun.
You can pick up a good Taurus and continue with the matches.

I covet Wayne's classic S&W 27 with 3.5 inch barrel. He's getting better every match.

There's a match this Sunday at the Shooting Gallery in Boardman, Ohio. It starts at 0900 and they shoot until everyone is done.

Neil

·
Registered
49 Posts
jbohio,
Tell us a little closer where you live. There are a lot of places to shoot in Ohio. I live about 25 or 30 miles from Wheeling WV in Ohio and have so many clubs within a 2 hour drive that I can't get to them all.
BILL

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bill, i live west of portsmouth.100mi so of columbus ,100 east of cin.wheeling is almost as far as port clinton. thanks all.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
great bill, west union about 20 miles, i'll ck it out. thanks john

·
Registered
437 Posts
BILL I also will be at the TDI match.But will see you in TYLER CO.Beckys holster finally came for the Glock(sure is ugly)she has been dryfiring some and drawing from the holster,Hope to have her shooting at the matches before long. BILLG

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'll also be shooting in the TDI IDPA Invitational Match in April. Notice that it's "April Fools Day"? It didn't matter when I sent my money in. As a resident fool they couldn't hardly keep me out!
There's a van load of us coming down for it on Saturday and staying over until Monday. It looks like a good weekend.
Neil

·
Registered
49 Posts
BILLG,
Do you mean the Glock is ugly or do you mean the holster is ugly?
We also sent in the application for KY2001. I'm going to shoot my model 10 at KY.
Neil,
I asked them at TDI if it was a joke when I called them. They "said" it wasn't a joke.
I wouldn't want to joke with 70 armed people.

BILL

·
Registered
437 Posts
BILL Both holster and gun.But they match plastic gun=plastic holster.The TDI match sounds like it will be a good time.Several people from Youngstown and also Weirton going down. See you there BILLG

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks like quite a few people from on here and from Northern Ohio is going to TDI. I was a little worried about going to a match of this caliber(sorry)since I've never done a BIG match. Neil said don't worry about it just shut up and shoot. So I am.

I hope there are a few revolver shooters there!

PS: Neil shot my Model 27 tonight, and tried to take it home, we had to stop him at the door !!!!

------------------
Wayne
North Royalton, Ohio

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bill, I am also interested in the IDPA shoot at TDI in west union, could you please tell me what time it starts and maybe some general directions. Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
lowtech,
Sign-in starts at 8:45 AM, Shooters meeting at 9:45 and match begins at 10:00 AM. I heard the match is full but since they are doing this match to get people acquainted with their facility they will probably be glad to have spectators. Go to www.tdiohio.com for directions and more info.
Wayne
If I had known ahead of time I would have shot revolver with you. I do reshoots with revolver a lot and so does BillG. Just come on out and have fun.

BILL

1 - 20 of 35 Posts