1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please stay on them! Encourage everyone you can to get on the ball! Even those of you from out of State, call and express your concern for your family here in Ohio.

House Members
Rep. Jim Aslanides (R) 614-644-6014 or [email protected]
Rep. Robert Latta (R) 614-644-8104 or [email protected]
Rep. Lance Mason (D) 614-466-5441 or [email protected]

Senate Members
Sen. Doug White (R) 614-466-8082 or [email protected]
Sen. Scott Nein (R) 614-466-8072 or [email protected]
Sen. Marc Dann (D) 614-466-7182 or [email protected]

Governor Taft can be reached at 614-466-3555 or [email protected].

Thank you,

Damian

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Taft is now trying to sabotage us again. now he says he will veto any bill that does not make CC holders' names, birthdays, and counties public info. The house and senate both had no such public disclosure. They may not be able to fix that in committee. And then he will veto any bill that passes.

Taft needs to just come out and admit that he lied to us and he truely does not want concealed carry in Ohio. Bastard.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/localnews/content/localnews/daily/1120guns.html?5803

·
Registered
523 Posts
Any of you guys familiar with Ken Blackwell? ohioccw.org seems to support him. He is fighting the sales tax increase, and is said to support CCW. I heard him on Limbaugh's show a couple weeks back with Gary Sullivan and was very impressed. He mentioned getting the government out of business' way so they can produce and lowering taxes so that we can grow. He mentioned Reagan several times when discussing his economic principles. He seems to be a conservative running for Governor. I hope this proves true.

Anyone have any negative thoughts about him?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did someone actually use the terms Taft and Future Political Career in the same sentence. Ain't going to happen. Sen. Taft: Not. Justice Taft: Not. Pres. Taft: No way in hell. He put in his time....now its time to go! I'll rent the U-Haul...One way, back to Cinci.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
nw_fan:

I actually volunteered some of my time to Ken Blackwell's campaign for Congress a few years back; it wasn't successful, but I managed to feel him out somewhat on RKBA issues. At that time, he was pretty darn pro-gun. And, of late I've been told that he most certainly WOULD support CCW in Ohio, were he to be in a position such as Governor. Of course, I'd like his apparent stance better if he'd sign a blood oath to that effect, but I've always gotten a much better "vibe" from this guy than Taft or Voinovich, FWIW. Culpable, I like your resolve a whole bunch; nothing I'd like better than mailing some "Mc Job" applications/tray liners to Taft's house after he's out of work! :D (I did that once after a local liberal lost his bid for Congress; faxed some fast food job apps right to the law office he'd left before his campaign, with instructions to forward them to his home. Yep, found out later he'd received them, and was none too happy.)

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I went to the www.ohioccw.org site and was sadden to see the letter from Ms. Long who was raped in the Columbus area. I work at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility and did my thesis on rapists many years ago. It is politically correct to assume sex offender counseling works. It doesn't work at all in my opinion. We spend millions each year on programs that are worthless because the public wants to believe professionals have the answers and rapists are just sick. Just the way the public wants to believe anyone who would kill someone must be crazy and just needs help. The public doesn't understand personality disorders. They are not mentally ill. Their thinking is it's only wrong if that is what others want to hear, they have no charater or values, and only thinking of themselves. I wish she had been able to defend herself.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Hello dubb-1,
I started there in 94 so I missed the riot in 93. I do have over 25 years with the State of Ohio and hope with a buy-out to go in the next three years. The prison is one of the worst places I've worked. In the mid 70s' I worked as a Probation and Parole Officer for a short period of time. I thought I would never do anything like that again and here I am. I will try to call you soon about that 1911 I E-mailed you on. Talk with you soon.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gary,

I look forward to talking to you. Because I am always on the go, drop me an e-mail before you call. I'll make sure to give you the best number to get a hold of me at that particular time.

It's funny, everytime I looked at one of your postings and read "Portsmouth, Ohio", I had flashbacks of my trips to SOCF, MANCI, etc., the seemingly watered-down nightcaps at the local Holiday Inns, and dinner at that small restaurant on the hill in Delaware..:p

Working in a CI is tough to say the least, especially if you are a decent, caring human being. I appreciate the work you do. Keep your head up!

Damian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts