1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Happy Turkey Day (US). Be safe with your arms. Be safe and aware while out in public this holiday season.

Let's Go Brandon.
I dare say, be safe with your legs too!!!

Happy "European Invader Diversionary Meal with First Nation's People In Order to Trick Them Into Friendship and Then Rob Them Blind of Their Land, Thereby Allowing the Invaders To Be Thankful for the Lebensraum, Before Lebensraum Was An Actual Thing" Day!! 🤓🤓🤓

This is how it's referred to on Berkeley's campus!

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hate to be a downer, but Dad died on Thanksgiving Day 2019. Dropped dead in front of the whole family at Thanksgiving Dinner. It'll never be the same. But I know he's up there looking down with a smile. My Dad never did anything small, and he definitely went out with a bang the way he wanted.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Be thankful he's in a much better place.

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts
Hate to be a downer, but Dad died on Thanksgiving Day 2019. Dropped dead in front of the whole family at Thanksgiving Dinner. It'll never be the same. But I know he's up there looking down with a smile. My Dad never did anything small, and he definitely went out with a bang the way he wanted.

Condolances. My BiL died on Thanksgiving; but it wasn't sudden: lung cancer - diagnosed 18mos after he quit smoking. Seems likely he held on soas to be surrounded by family; the hospice nurse had been expecting it for weeks.

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I used to describ Thanksgiving as, "The 1 day a year you get together with your family and give thanks , , ,
that you only get together with them 1 day a year!'' o_O

But there was usually a repeat (or re-match) at Xmas! :cautious:

·
Registered
180 Posts

I’m going to drink one for your dad tomorrow. Few of us get to go as big as we want, and even fewer of us get to spend our last moments surrounded by our whole family at home. I’m sorry for your loss. I hope y’all take Thanksgiving as an opportunity to remember your dad. Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts

My condolences on the loss of your father, rest assured he is in a better place. I lost my wife to breast cancer last May and this Thanksgiving I am very thankful for the 34 years I had w/her.
A HAPPY (AND SAFE) THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE OUT THERE!!!!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
My condolences on the loss of your father, rest assured he is in a better place. I lost my wife to breast cancer last May and this Thanksgiving I am very thankful for the 34 years I had w/her.
A HAPPY (AND SAFE) THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE OUT THERE!!!!!
My condolences to you also. Do your best to have a good day and cherish the good memories. Hope you have others to share them with.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts