1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
360sc

I've got a 360SC and love it.
I can pretty much handle the recoil with 125gr .357 rounds. .38 +p is very manageable.
According to the subjective and probably meaningless melon test the .357 is a good bit more powerful. In reality it is far more important to hit so I think the caliber discussion is worthless. The fact of the matter is that it's harder to hit with .357, most notably with followup shots.
The only annoyance has been that I can't find much leather for a .357 J Frame. Most makers are willfully ignorant and sell holsters for the .38 and it doesn't fit because the .357 cylinder is longer.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I have a 340PD.
Shooting full-power .357 Magnum 125gr +P JHP rounds in it isn't fun. Actually, .38 Special rounds of several types are more accurate than any of the available .357 loads.

·
Registered
243 Posts
.357's out of a snubby are a masochist's dream. If one is to carry a hand gun for defense, it must be shot a lot in practice. A mag out of a snub, fired enough at each practice session to make the shooter truly "comfortable" with it, will make the shooter's hand very UN"comfortable". Add the flinching, etc. into the mix. I'm a big believer in shooting .38 HP's out of a pocket wheel gun. If that's not enough oomph for you, stick a larger, more powerful gun into your waistband, or in your purse. My $0.03, but I believe this!

Chuck

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a S&W 360 PD and regularly shoot .357s with it. It just takes getting use to it and doing double tap drills is interesting. I have a friend who loads his 360PD with a .38 +P as the first shot and a .357 is second shot. I do like the option of .38 or .357 ammo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.