1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an old custom 1911 from a guy. He says it is a "Swenson custom .45 ACP" Anybody have any info. about this gun? It looks metallic blue!

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,395 Posts
Swenson's guns were hard-chromed in a distinctly blue color. What are some of the details? Does it have a squared/checkered trigger guard? Ambidextrous safety levers? A small pin set into the roof of the slide, left of the ejection port? Smith & Wesson adjustable revolver sights? Those are the most obvious indicators that I can think of. It should be stamped somewhere on the frame and/or slide with a small "A.D. SWENSON, GARDENIA, CA". Go to Pistolsmith.com; there are quite a few pictures of Swenson pistols there. He was the premier "combat" 1911 pistolsmith in the U.S. in the '60's and early '70's, and his guns are some of the few that are actually worth more than a stock Colt of the same time period.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Swenson used to reside and work out of Fall Brook, Ca too. I had visited him there once. One of the early custom 1911 smiths. Many today would not be doing the level of work they do if it was not for Armand.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited 10-02-2001).]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anybody has anything to share about a 1911 Swenson personally owned or observed please feel free to share your experience. These are neat 1911's. Swenson did a lot of work unseen (and unneeded) today.

·
Registered
670 Posts
There is a photo of one of his guns at www.pistolsmith.com. It's on the home or second page. Sam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts