1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on my 5th 1911, Colt Combat Commander blue 9mm, Colt Officer stainless 45ACP, Colt Defender stainless 45ACP,
Kimber Match Gold 45ACP, Kimber Custom stainless LW 45ACP.

I recently retired from a career in law enforcement and have been shooting and reloading for 51 years, mostly a paper puncher. I had hoped with retirement that I might gain more range time, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm working on upgrades for the Kimber Custom right now, time will tell how it goes. I've also been considering building a 1911, cherry picking the parts.

I view firearms as machines to marvel at with the ingenuity that goes into them, as well as mechanical pieces of art.
Gun makers never cease to amaze me at how they tuck springs behind parts so when you remove the part the spring launches never be seen again. Still others are like a Rubik's Cube to field strip.

Glad to have joined the forum, hopefully to grow with knowledge.

Colt1921 <<<
The marvelous idea of its namesake Gen. John Thompson

· Premium Member
7,346 Posts
Welcome to 1911forum.

Reactions: Colt1921

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcomes.

Born and raised in PA, hunting is a big thing up here. I haven't hunted since 2007. Just an occasional trip to the range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.