1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just purchased a slide with the old adjustable Micro rear sight in it. I didn't realize the rear of the slide had to be milled to accept it. What fixed rear sights, if any, will slip into this milled area now.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Mike, I think you'll find that there's nothing currently available to fit this cut. You may be able to use a Heinie or Novak, but the 'smith would have to do some checking to find out if the Micro was installed in such a way as to not require any filling. Otherwise, it will have to have the old cut filled in some way and re-cut. Good Luck,

·
Premium Member
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don,

Thank youj for the response. I did measure the width of the dovetail (front to back) with a dial caliper and it measured .550".
I'll do some checking in Brownell's to see what is compatible.

I must say, though, the slide was intended for and is now on a Colt frame. It is a "fun gun" set up in basically GI configuration with a match barrel and a nice trigger job and a personalized grip safety and hammer set up (to get a little higher grip and eliminate the dreaded hammer bite). It is a clean slide, has seen some time and refinishing - too bad the prancing colt has been almost polished off.

The old Micro sight does lend a bit of nostalgia to the pistol. May just opt to keep it that way. Kinda growing on me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts