1911Forum banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
So a hippie was calling out a hi point guy?
So a hippie, a hi-point guy, and a priest walk into a brothel.... Never mind. This is a family friendly forum.

OP face it brother. You tried to show a little humor and got flamed for being a d-bag. Its all in good fun.

Just don't kick my dog when you come over:)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Our local GS owner says he gets very few Hi Points back because they don't work. He says they are reliable. Isn't that the #1 criteria of a defensive gun?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
The only thing I could ever say for sure is that if he shot someone with that highpoint to save a life, the dead guy would never know the difference.

·
Premium Member
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
So a hippie, a hi-point guy, and a priest walk into a brothel.... Never mind. This is a family friendly forum.

OP face it brother. You tried to show a little humor and got flamed for being a d-bag. Its all in good fun.

Just don't kick my dog when you come over:)
I’m a huge animal lover, incidentally they aren’t nearly as judgmental as people :biglaugh:

·
Registered
13,681 Posts
I have a small Sub-Collection of ghetto guns. RG, Jennings, Raven, etc. Including a heavy little 9mm heap called an Accutek.

I call it The Kraputek. Man, is it bad!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Strange thread. A self-professed hippie with a fleet of wrecked cars calling out a stranger for a hi-point and uncle mikes. Never a dull day on the internet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have never owned a Hi point, but I have had some inexpensive pistols that filled the need at that point in my life (poor). I think my truck M&P is in the console residing in an Uncle Mike’s synthetic holster from long ago.
I did see a young guy at the grocery store last month with his pistol flopping around in a holster that was hanging low on his butt cheek. I’m not sure how he was going to draw the thing, but hopefully he practiced with his setup. I asked my wife what she thought about it and she didn’t even notice! At any rate, I got a chuckle out of it and those are few nowadays!

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Ha!! "about"?? Try THE cheapest...$35 MSRP. I had never heard of Röhm Gesellschaft until a few years ago. My buddy asked me to help him move some very heavy bronze sculptures. He said if I would volunteer my time, my truck and my back he would give me a nice condition .38 revolver he was willing to part with. I asked what kind, and he said couldnt remember the name, but it started with "R". My mind immediately went to "Ruger", and I said OK, sure.

I almost blew out a testical trying to help a 72-year-old man move these battleship anchors. So when he handed me THIS I apparently couldnt hide the disappointment on my face.

Looks like your 72-year-old buddy got the better end of the deal!! :biglaugh: Honestly, you are a good buddy for helping him move.

But you got a pretty cool souvenir. I helped my 73-year-old buddy move, and he gave me a set of snow chains that don't even fit my tires. I couldn't find a buyer on Craigslist and ended up dumping the chains at a recycling facility and the greasy 50-cal ammo can they were in.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Late to the party on this one but still around. I enjoy all guns.And the throw away theory if you blast somebody heck you can toss it away. Do that with a Mint WW2 PPK or a custom 45 auto engraved with Ivory Grips nope.even had a Taurus 38 special when i was 16 or so. And the guys in the neighborhood said wow you da King. Since they had Switchblades,Razors, Bike chains.And i had a four inch barrel blued real gun.

Had one of those German RG 22 shorts also. I thought it was cheap compared. to the Beretta my Mom carried in her purse in the 60's. I would study Gun Digest and mark off what i wanted when i really grew up to the Big Guy guns.now well over fifty plus years later.

I still check all the stuff out.
And carry a simple Mod19 Glock second gen.That set me back a $100 bucks.I still can hit what i aim at.As i did in the Marines.

even did ala {Baby Face Nelson}for awhile and a 38 super and Colt 1911, and played Bond for a good 18 plus year a PPK in .380

The only thing i would worry or even think about with a guy with a hi point.If he can hit with it great.

Even Sgt. Alvin York probably never asked himself what he was using, just that he hit with it on every round he put out there.

I was always impressed with the tale of five Germans charging him. and he stopped them all with his seven shot 1911. In the Movie he had a Luger maybe the Officer let him try it out.

Just think when young maybe ten we had a hi point to get good on. By time we got to a 1911 we would be Da King!
RON K.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I own a Hi-Point JCP, a 40 S&W, big heavy gun, less than fair trigger , 8+1, accurate enough, no one could complain about 'snappy' 40's, It can double as a boat anchor for a Kayak. My 1911's are not scared of it. Don't have a cat so I can leave it laying around.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Ha!! "about"?? Try THE cheapest...$35 MSRP. I had never heard of Röhm Gesellschaft until a few years ago. My buddy asked me to help him move some very heavy bronze sculptures. He said if I would volunteer my time, my truck and my back he would give me a nice condition .38 revolver he was willing to part with. I asked what kind, and he said couldnt remember the name, but it started with "R". My mind immediately went to "Ruger", and I said OK, sure.

I almost blew out a testical trying to help a 72-year-old man move these battleship anchors. So when he handed me THIS I apparently couldnt hide the disappointment on my face.

Immediatley I noticed the plastic grips, which looked like they belonged on a toy pistol from Dollar General, and the monkey metal frame looks like it could be melted with a cigarette lighter. It's been sitting in a shoebox on my closet shelf...I'm too afraid to fire it (I've become fond of having all five fingers).

So, yeah...makes a Hi Point look like a Sig Legion.
My very first handgun was an RG25...chrome.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I own a Hi-Point JCP, a 40 S&W, big heavy gun, less than fair trigger , 8+1, accurate enough, no one could complain about 'snappy' 40's, It can double as a boat anchor for a Kayak. My 1911's are not scared of it. Don't have a cat so I can leave it laying around.
You need to get it a pal. A S&W 4006. Only firearm I ever took to the range and put the first shot dead thru the X on the target. .40S&W round is not the problem. Lightweight guns with .40S&W as the round is the problem. A heavy gun absorbs a lot of the recoil and makes them easier to handle. That is why 1911s are so well thought of. No High Points here but I do have two Chiappa 1911s in .22LR. One is a tack driver with any ammo fed it. The other requires 40gr HV rounds to even function every time. Never look down on a man's firearm or holster, he might just save your life someday with it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
My understanding is that Reagan was a victim of his own bulletproof car. That the round that hit Brady was direct, and exploded as designed, within his brain.

But the POTUS was hit by a ricochet off the limo, that failed to explode. So maybe if he had a VW instead, he would have not been hit at all.

Just a hole in the Beetle.

So the safe choice for all heads of state is clear: VW Bugs.
'Sorry, but this reminds me of the old gag that if Teddy ("The Swimmer") Kennedy had driven a Volkswagen [which were known to float], Mary Jo Kopechne might still be alive today (and Teddy might've been president).

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Budget gun or not, in my job I've seen plenty of people shot by Hi Points and they are just as dead. It's one of the most popular guns on the street used by local thugs in my area.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 77 Posts