1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
John Kneiss built mine. I would buy another of his. Don't suppose there is a way to request a particular gunsmith for a build or for a pistol already built by a particular smith?

·
Vendor
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We will honor requests for certain builders to build your next firearm. If you have one that you like and you want that builder to build your next one let us know and we will make it happen!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Now there is some customer service..way to go Nighthawk

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
There's a new wind blowing at Nighthawk. A welcome and refreshing breeze. I like that.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
We will honor requests for certain builders to build your next firearm. If you have one that you like and you want that builder to build your next one let us know and we will make it happen!!
This is pretty cool. Is there an upcharge for requesting a gunsmith?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Agreed! Great move, glad you all are headed this direction.

Look forward to getting my talon IV back next week!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
There's a new wind blowing at Nighthawk. A welcome and refreshing breeze. I like that.
Excellent. Health competition, win win to everyone.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I requested Joey Lehr to build my 10mm predator a couple years ago. Being 23 years of age at that time, it made this kids day! When you complement a smith like this, you will get the extra effort put into it. It took awhile longer, but IMO, was worth it. He built 3 of mine.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I requested Joey Lehr to build my 10mm predator a couple years ago. Being 23 years of age at that time, it made this kids day! When you complement a smith like this, you will get the extra effort put into it. It took awhile longer, but IMO, was worth it. He built 3 of mine.
I agree, I have a Joey build, a David Atchley build and had a Brian Chaney build. I'd gladly take anything from those 3 again.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
NCR,

There is a pistol I am interested in at my LGS made by KJ Phillips. Any relation to Ron Phillips? How long has KJ been a smith?

Next question: On a new T4 black aluminum frame, is the finish hard anodized? Would there be any issue(s) with you guys installing your one piece rounded butt magwell to the aluminum frame? What are the options for refinishing the aluminum frame after magwell install?

Thanks.

·
Vendor
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NCR,

There is a pistol I am interested in at my LGS made by KJ Phillips. Any relation to Ron Phillips? How long has KJ been a smith?

Next question: On a new T4 black aluminum frame, is the finish hard anodized? Would there be any issue(s) with you guys installing your one piece rounded butt magwell to the aluminum frame? What are the options for refinishing the aluminum frame after magwell install?

Thanks.

The aluminum framed pistols are hard anodized. There won't be any problem installing a one piece MSH on it and it can be re-anodized and finished.

I also spoke with KJ this morning and he said that he is a distant relative of Ron. He has been building for a year now and he has three years experience in the industry as a whole. KJ has really proven to be a wonderful pistol smith!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Thanks NCR for the response.

Before I pull the trigger on the purchase, a question as to whether it would it be better to place an order for a build and have the frame anodized one time after the magwell fitting, or has the frame already been anodized?

·
Vendor
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks NCR for the response.

Before I pull the trigger on the purchase, a question as to whether it would it be better to place an order for a build and have the frame anodized one time after the magwell fitting, or has the frame already been anodized?

The frames are anodized after they are built and before test fire. If you were to purchase one and send it in to add the magwell it wouldn't be any problem to have it refinished. Either way you go will be pretty simple.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
NCR,

That gives me the info I need to make a decision. I prefer a frame that has been anodized only once rather than twice so I will call and place an order.

Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Allen Wyatt (who is a participant on this forum) built my NHC Shadow Hawk Commander earlier this year and it is PERFECT!!!!!! My favorite pistol. I called Nighthawk to compliment them on this build and they put Allen on the phone so I could tell him myself. Great guy.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I requested Travis Gregory to build a Predator II bobtail that I ordered a few days ago. Travis built my T3 this year and it's fantastic.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts