1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go again, just found another uneducated gun dealer selling more falsehoods, no we cant stop them all at one time, but we can try and enlighten them one at a time.

http://www.myiron.net/

Price:$325.00
Norinco Model 1911A

.45 cal ACP. Patterned after the Colt 1911 A1 with a 5"e barrel, 2- 7 shot magazine, stainless steel finish, fixed sights and Hogue grips as well as original grips. This particular weapon overwhelmingly outperformed the Colt model it cloned with both weapons new and straight out of the box.
For the love of God and all that is still decent in the world, I can't understand where these people come up with this utter nonsense!:eek: :confused: :mad: :hrm:

·
Administrator
74,665 Posts
He's not merely uneducated. He's flat out lying his pants off to get a sale. That Norinco ain't made of stainless steel either! It's chromed. Anyone who truly has an education (at least GED level) can tell that he's full of it. What Colt? When? What tests? Outperformed in what way? Bull-oney.

·
Registered
587 Posts
UdontnoME said:
For the love of God and all that is still decent in the world, I can't understand where these people come up with this utter nonsense!:eek: :confused: :mad: :hrm:
That is easy...to make that sale! :grumble: ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Well, what does it all mean?

I'm going to come down on the side of "I really don't care what they say". Colt makes some great guns and is still the standard of 1911 design. There are other brands with better this and better that but the Colt 1911 is an out of the box functioning machine for which it was designed. Let them say what they may because in the end, they may regret what they say. Besides, the gun just has to look nice right?:p

·
Administrator
74,665 Posts
Sorry to say, but a substantial percentage of salepeople lie. Before anybody flames me, I work in sales and hear it around me all the time.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
I worked a side job at a gun store a few years back. The store owner was an honest guy. He also has been in business for nearly 40 years. His one gun shop has grown into 3 shops since he started. Other gun shops that engaged in shady dealings came and went fairly quickly.

I wonder how long Mr. Norenco Bullinslinger has been in business, and I wonder how long he will stay in business.
Possibly he is involved in highly classified gun tests in which the results are only given on a need to know basis.

I should count myself lucky to now be "in the Know" about how a "Norenco overwhelmingly outperformed the Colt model it cloned".

Ummm then again.............NOT :biglaugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts