1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I got the call from my friends at the local pawnshop, they had this old 1918 warhorse that no one wanted to touch. It was all original GI parts but a bad reblue, ground off US Prop marking. I told them when they needed to make room call me I want the barrel and the grips. Well the rest is history.

We should probably have a moment of silence..............Okay.

Point is the parts I dont need I posted on my web pages so drop me an email if you looking for something, images are posted as well.

Cheers
Ty

------------------
Cheers,
Ty
www.CoolGunSite.com

·
Administrator
74,721 Posts
Ty, is that the one in the shop up in Bothell? If so I know which one you're looking at. The "US Property" markings were likely ground off long before WW2, as back then it was illegal to possess a government-owned 1911. That gun has admittedly seen a LOT of wear and tear. I don't even think the barrel is original, but I also only looked at it once. Like you I thought about the spare parts, but the guy wanted way too much for it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup thats the one. I got him down about 25%with the 1918 dated holster....You are correct on the barrel it is a WWII Colt era.

All parts where 1911 except barrel and the 1924-30s full checker Colt stocks which went on my Argentinean Colt.

------------------
Cheers,
Ty www.CoolGunSite.com

[This message has been edited by Ty (edited 04-28-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts