1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This forum is great. I have been looking for the last couple of years for a real authentic Roy Baker Pancake holster for my Ruger Security Six 357 Magnum.

In the last month I have met a couple of great people on the forum and have come across two. The first let me borrow his Roy baker to make a pattern with and then I stumbled across a guy in Dallas that had on in a box. Made back in 1980 but that is in new condition.

Didnt know where to start to make an offer on it so he said $25.00 and it was mine. He was getting ready to trash it whdn I got ahold of him.

Now I will have two. A local saddle shop is making one from the pattern I made and I bought the other one and had it mailed from Dallas.

I got it in the mail last Friday and I've been like a kid in a candy store ever since. After all that time of looking to find not one but two is pretty amazing. It is the most comfortable holster in the world.

Here it is with my 357 Mag.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Congrats on the Roy's holster. I carried one for years, until I got a brain fart and sold it and my Colt DS to an acquaintance. I have regretted losing the holster as much as the gun. It was a marvelously comfortable holster.

I was able to replace the DS, but I never found another Roy's.

Mine wasn't nearly as good-looking as your new baby.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
I agree with you about the Roy's Original Pancake. One of the finest holster designs ever. Like you, I looked high and low for one for ages and then just got one "out of the blue" from someone without even expecting it - literally just showed up in a box in the mail! It was in a box of things I'd bought, and they'd thrown it in as a "freebie" without even mentioning it.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
I have owned 2 of Roy's pancake holsters for years(mid-70s). One for my S&W Mod36, and one for my S&W Mod. 19. Neither are for sale(guns or holsters). Glad you found what you were looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts