1911Forum banner

41 - 60 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
27,699 Posts
Who has some hardcast 255 gr LSWC's?

I want to work up a heavy load for my 625.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
HazMat Fees

What is the average additional cost to have powder shipped?

Is there a hazmat fee on primers?

·
Registered
27,699 Posts
What is the average additional cost to have powder shipped?

Is there a hazmat fee on primers?

$20 or so and yes, hazmat fee on primers.

I try to order in bulk so it doesn't hurt so bad. I usually order 2 eight lb jugs of powder at once and at least 5K of primers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Natchez Shooting Supply

I do alot of business with Natchez's out of Tenn. they have very good prices
www.natchezss.com check em out if anyone likes i save a good bit on some things .Iam getting my Smartreloader iSD Scale & Despencer today i ordered just Wed. $164.99 + S&H

·
Registered
86 Posts
There are so many great places, and I have used a few of them. But it seems I always return to Cabelas, for my supplies. I usualy have my orders within three days. But I order so many other items from them, like boat supplies, hunting supplies, etc. etc. So it's just easier for me to keep it simple. They put my H4350 on backorder and said it would be May 23rd before I would get it, and I placed the order April 28th, received everything else I ordered in three days, which is May first, and the very next day my powder showed up at the door. Kudos Cabelas! :rock:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good supply place

Newby here but been playing with guns for over 50 years. I do a bit of long range shooting and all my own reloading, need something to do when retired and wind is blowing to hard to go fishing. My new Kimber is own the freight truck somewhere and Im looking for places to get knowledge on pistols an I feel I found it. Been looking over your sight and feel I can pick up on a lot.Just thought I would let some know that a place I do a lot with is,
thirdgenerationshooting .com There prices I find are cheaper and no matter how much you order, be it 1 lb or a 100 lbs the shipping is 4.50. I have been in the store an you would not believe the stock they keep. Thanks for letting me in an don't laugh to hard if I ask a dum question.
Cheers
Geno22

·
Registered
325 Posts
I get my practice Bullets from Montana Gold. Powder and primers from Powder Valley. Everything else from Midway. PS--been buying once fired brass on gunbroker.com auctions.

·
Registered
27,699 Posts
I want to put in a plug for Jim Stinar and his son Ryan.

http://www.snscasting.com/

They make a great bullet, smooth, good lube that stays in the grooves and they support the shooting sports by sponsoring stages at matches.

They are good people. I'm buying all my practice bullets from them from now on.

Good prices too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I want to put in a plug for Jim Stinar and his son Ryan.

http://www.snscasting.com/

They make a great bullet, smooth, good lube that stays in the grooves and they support the shooting sports by sponsoring stages at matches.

They are good people. I'm buying all my practice bullets from them from now on.

Good prices too.
My LGS sells cast bullets from SNS Casting. They are well made with good pricing. I bought several bulk boxes from them and will continue to do so. :rock:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cheap bullets

I am just getting back into reloading and will shoot mostly .45 acp in my 1911. As cost is a big issue to me, I am looking for input on the most economical place to get fmj bullets. The 230 round has been the cheapest so far and the best deal I have seen so far is at Cabelas. I can get a box of 500 230 hardball for about $71. Am I looking at my best deal?

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I am just getting back into reloading and will shoot mostly .45 acp in my 1911. As cost is a big issue to me, I am looking for input on the most economical place to get fmj bullets. The 230 round has been the cheapest so far and the best deal I have seen so far is at Cabelas. I can get a box of 500 230 hardball for about $71. Am I looking at my best deal?
I order my bullets from www.missouribullet.com. Their 230g cast bullets are $43 for a box of 500.

·
Premium Member
6,073 Posts
There are a lot of places you can get bullets that will be cheaper than Cabela's.

Check Graf & Sons, 3rd Generation Shooting Supply, Powder Valley, for starters.

·
Registered
31 Posts
mid west & brownells...also try Nanchez in Tenn....for cast bullts I am using S&S cast bullet co in Ill. Brian is a great guy, just got 2000 pcs/ 45 acp delivered for 179.00 to NY- well made, accurate as hell!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I do my business with Widener's simply because they are 20 miles from the house, so I am able to go by and pick items up such as powder and primers instead of having them shipped. They have very good prices and an updated website that has a true inventory of the items they have in supply.

41 - 60 of 121 Posts