·
Administrator
73,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
280 Posts
ruined my day

I have been on the waiting list a little over a month, still none to be found, seeing your write up just makes it worse. I talked to Colt several weeks ago and they said prodcution numbers are @ 200 per month through the end of the year so there aren't many out there right now and I think the few that are filling spots on the waiting lists.

Pretty much figured it won't be my Christmas present but hope to get lucky in January.

Great write up.

·
Banned
4,130 Posts
Nice review, dsk, as usual, your participation on this board is really great!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thanks for the informative review Dana. In large part due to your efforts and others on this forum, my education of the 1911 pistol steadily grows week after week. I'm looking forward to a few months down the road when NYC deems me suitable to own a pistol so I'll be able to put this knowledge to use.
A very handsome pistol. Enjoy.

PS: The description of the WWI replica's carbonia blue sounds lush but there isn't one here to gape at locally. Is there an accurate image on the web that shows the difference in the blueing between the various treatments?
Dhart can you get your mits on one and light it up for us?;)

·
Banned
4,130 Posts
LoveGasoline... I've been soooooo good lately. Have resisted buying any new guns for quite a spell. Of course that money has found it's way to motorcycles! And that's kept me from the range too! Man the biking addiction is powerful stuff. Nothin' like ridin' along on a beautiful cruiser with a sweet 1911 tucked in your summer special IWB. What a hoot!

But just as I've been proud of myself for resisting buying any more Colts (I've got quite a bunch of them), seeing Dana's review on the WWI and all the interest in it has sure made me start thinking about finding a way to add one of those to the stable. And rest assured, if I had me one, I'd be makin' pics of it! Come to think of it, I've been quite remiss in photographing the 1911's I've gotten back from Ned Christiansen and Vic Tibbets. Hopefully someday soon I'll have some pics of those beauties to post for ya'll.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Dana, great write up, thank you I will pass the link onto others in the org that had a hand in this. Now just wait til you see the 1918 comercial version......

·
Registered
554 Posts
Dana,
Nice write-up. Too bad the WWI repro will never be allowed in CA. Why would Colt bother having it certified when they can sell all 4000 of them outside CA. That's just the way it is, maybe it's time to leave.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
DHart said:
Come to think of it, I've been quite remiss in photographing the 1911's I've gotten back from Ned Christiansen and Vic Tibbets. Hopefully someday soon I'll have some pics of those beauties to post for ya'll.
Please do. We anxiously await those photos!!

WJR

·
Registered
45 Posts
schromf

A little over a month?! Get used to it. I've been trying to get one since August. Who did you talk to at Colt and how did you contact them? Their website doesn't even have an e-mail address. There have been no WWI's in any central Ohio shops to my knowledge. I think I'll stop now before getting on a full scale rant.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Don't give up on the availability. They can be found. I bought mine with just one phone call to Scottsdale Gun Center last month. It just so happens that it was the last one they had. But if I can find one with one phone call, they can be found.

·
Administrator
73,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mark1648 said:
Dana, great write up, thank you I will pass the link onto others in the org that had a hand in this. Now just wait til you see the 1918 comercial version......
No......... thank YOU, Mark. Now, regarding a 1918 commercial, I wasn't aware Colt made many (if any) commercials during that time. Maybe you really meant the "1922 commercial" that had been rumored of prior to this WW1 replica? In my opinion (and only take this as such), the next Custom Shop replica should maybe be a 1933 fixed-sight National Match. Whadja think? After seeing this WW1 replica I know you guys can do it. The level of fitting is already at what the pre-war National Match guns had.

Just think, a high-polish Carbonia blue 'A1 with checkered parts. Oooo la laaaaaaaaa..... :cool:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Oh Yeah

Do it that is my dream gun, I'm in cause I know I will never get an original.

Just give me some heads up so I can get on the wait list first.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts