1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in "Shooters Pawn" the other day, great place by the way. And they said Vickers was always in there. I asked them If he would do what I wanted to my 1911 and they said he only does full gun work. Not just barrel fittings and relaibilty work. Which is what I want him to do to my 1911. Damn, too bad. Plus they said it would be 3 years before he got to it anyways. Say it aint so.

------------------
Today is the first day of the end.

Have you hugged your loved ones today?

·
Registered
731 Posts
The article on Mr. Vickers says that he only does full house guns. I know his waiting list was 3 years before the article was published--it very well may be up to 5+ years by now.

Billy Ray

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I'm with gyp-c, this doesn't sound right. Richard Heinie has done stuff for me and I have not bought a full custom gun from him. You need to talk to the man.

------------------
John

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away".
Robert K. Dornen, U.S. Congressman. 1995

·
Registered
75 Posts
Being retired military and all I think that the problem Vickers is having is being full time active duty. The military is not 9-5, and given his SpecOp assignement I am sure he is busy. WHEN he retires I am sure that a lot of things will change.
It boils down to supply and demand also. Why spend the time on small jobs when you can get $3880.00 for your full house gun. I know when I was active duty I had trouble making personal committments.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Just from the things he's said and what I've heard...sometimes a guy doesn't want to work on his 4000. full-house jobs. He may want to break the flow and do something a little different to keep from burning out...It's a lot to ask for someone to be at his 100% best at all times...Maybe they're like the rest of us and just need to try something different occasionally to keep from getting stale...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
It ain't so. Call him and talk about what you want done. I had him go through a Springfield and it definitely wasn't full house (although that sucker sure runs now!).

Jim

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Larry Vickers does little stuff on occassion, as a "Break" from the Full House customs... Th level of concentration required when doing the Full House customs is such that it's nice to shift gears, and do something not so mentally draining.

He's posted as much here in the past, as well as spoken of it.

Call him, see how his schedule looks, and if he is interested. Larry's a pretty nice guy...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts