1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a mil-spec operator at a gunshow last weekend. Looked interesting. Has anyone given one a work out yet? Light, laser, any thing on the rail? I'd like to hear about it.

Forgot to mention, the price was $650. Is that about normal?

------------------
-Charley.
When the need is great enough, limitations are meaningless

[This message has been edited by charleym3 (edited 11-20-2001).]

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
As well as I like the added heft of the TRP Operator, and as accurate and reliable as my standard milspec has been, I might give one of these serious consideration when I buy my next gun.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You might want to do a search on this forum. I did a range report on the mil-spec operator a couple of months back. Suffice it to say, it's a great gun. I haven't had any problems with mine. Accuracy and reliability are superb. The price of $650 is about right.

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
I only did 50 rounds through my New TRP Operator Using old Pin rounds. 230 grn lead and not a glich.

Mags however can be an issue, she is tighter than a $2,000 hooker on Sunday afternoon.

Groups...I don't know, there was just this 3 inch hole in my target.

Karsten

·
Registered
989 Posts
Karsten, glad to see you on this board. How did you decide to get your gun in particular. It sounds like a great choice. I recently purchased a springfield stainless longslide... I love it, but still want a 5 inch new gun as well. The operator models seem like they might make a great choice .

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
Quantico, Thanks for the welcome.
As for this board I wish I would have found it earliers, I bought a bunch of USGI mags that are garbage.

As for why I choose the TRP Operator..Sold my IPSC gun cause I had no use for it.

Bought a few sub compact 45's but I wanted a full sized one again.

The feel of the grips, the weight, the 20 LPI front and back strap checkering. Bull Barrel, The Tritium adjustable sites...If you can justify a $1200.00 this is the Cat's Meow.

There is one LNIB offered for $1,000.00 on another board.....I am not sure if that is Okay to post that info so email any one might need info.

Thanks again

Karsten

1 - 6 of 6 Posts