1911Forum banner

Operator Change to Fixed Sight

1275 7
I would like to change the rear adjustable sight to a fixed night sight. Does anyone know who makes this sight for the Operator? Thanks in advance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
I don't know if that can be done and still look good. Your slide had to be seriously modified to accept your adjustable sights and the material removed can't be put back in. I think you might be stuck with adjustable sights, not that that's a bad thing.

· Registered
30 Posts
Are there ANY other Sights for the Op's (Fixed or Adj)?

High there all.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I was wondering if there were ANY different sights available for the Operators (TRP Op in particular)?

This is the ONLY thing I'm not crazy about on my TRP Operator.

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Sniper3142 said:
High there all.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I was wondering if there were ANY different sights available for the Operators (TRP Op in particular)?

This is the ONLY thing I'm not crazy about on my TRP Operator.
I think all U could do would be to get adjustible sights w/ no dots or a set w/ white dots. I used to have a comped springfield 1911, and it had some nice adjustible sights with big white dots. I don't care for those tiny tritium dots on the TRP Operator sights either...

· Registered
16 Posts
I have a TRP Operator and am not crazy about the sights either. Until I had the sights de-horned I truly believe you could have shaved with the darn thing.

I called and talked to the people at "XS Sight Systems". Those are the people that make the 24/7 Big Dot or Little dot sights with the tritium inserts.

They now make a fixed sight to replace the adjustable on the TRP Operators.

I had the parts number but have misplaced it at the moment. If you call them they will get you hooked up.

· Registered
867 Posts
I seem to recall having seen, somewhere, a fixed sight in the Heinie slant-pro mold (it may have -been- Heinie) that fit in Bo-Mar dovetail. With a little filing, that would probably be the ticket for a TRP-Op, but I'm happy with the adjustables with the protected lo-mounting job.

ETA: It was Heinie. The #356 fits Kimber pistols with adjustable sights. It's not going to just fall in and look right, but you can probably cut on it until it works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.