1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That there is no light in production by Surefire which fits on the Operator model? I know Hilton said his came with one. I ordered the Mil Spec operator to trick out and wrote SA today to find out which model light I needed to order. Thier reply was "there is no model at this time that will work on that weapon" If someone can tell me how to post the email here on my post, I will do it. it also said the production guns dont fit their lights..they dont know why. I had refered to an article in Police magazine and they said that those lights were hand machined units made in the SA armory. This really stinks! I have the Insights light..guess I will have to use that.

------------------
The only thing neccessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

·
Registered
474 Posts
PM7,
I am currently using the Insight Technology Inc. (ITI) M-3 model on my TRP-Operator. I have no complaints at all with this light. It is quite bright (although admittedly not as bright as the Surefires) and takes up less space than any Surefire you could mount. The M-3 also adds less weight to an already hefty pistol. The fit is very tight as well. Given the option, I would still opt for the M-3 over the Surefires

------------------

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
The M3/M6 series of lights IMO currently have no peer. Last week was fondling a friends new TRP Operator at a gun shop. Took the M3 light that I have for my G22 and it slipped right onto the Operator with no problems at all.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a M3 light that I have had for a while and I like it..on my Glock. I really wanted a Surefire for the .45. I have one for my Sig. I just dont like the length of the older style for the 1911(or my Sig either now that they have shorter ones)I guess I will wait and see what comes . Insight/Streamlight said they were working on a mount for a 1911 for the M3 light. I wil wait and see. stay safe all!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am currently using both the Surefire P101 and the Insights M3, with great satisfaction.

Obviously, someone has made an error. Both the Surefire P101 and P111 work and fit GREAT on the Operator. I believe it is the same model Hilton mentioned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts