1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a premier 2 that was purchased about 8-9 years ago and put in the safe and only removed to clean. Basically NIB. I do not really know anything about the Baer Pistols except the word of their Quality. Anyone own one from this time frame and how do you like it. Does 1250.00 sound like a good price. Thanks for any help and info your willing to share. Ron

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
coyote_dr said:
I found a premier 2 that was purchased about 8-9 years ago and put in the safe and only removed to clean. Basically NIB. I do not really know anything about the Baer Pistols except the word of their Quality. Anyone own one from this time frame and how do you like it. Does 1250.00 sound like a good price. Thanks for any help and info your willing to share. Ron
Those are good units and 1250 sounds ok if its as you say.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Well, it's cheaper than a NIB one, but not by much. New ones can be had for only $100 more.

If it truly is LNIB, it could be considered a fair price, but not a bargain.
Maybe ask for extra magazine, bushing wrench that came with it, holster, whatever.

I think I paid about $1300 or $1400 for mine new, and that's here in SF Bay area, (very expensive place.) But it is worth it. They are NICE.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Is it worth more if it has the 1.5 package? it sounds like it is a accuracy package from Les the way the owner tells and how would you confirm that it it in fact has the accuracy upgrades? Thanks again. Ron

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
coyote_dr said:
Thanks guys. Is it worth more if it has the 1.5 package? it sounds like it is a accuracy package from Les the way the owner tells and how would you confirm that it it in fact has the accuracy upgrades? Thanks again. Ron
No problem Ron, call Baer with the serial number and they will tell you how it shipped and the 1.5" option is worth about $300 so what was an ok deal is now a great deal.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Frank thanks. That is about the time period this one was made. Bad enough to have the 1911 bug with 700.00 to 1000.00 range pistols but it looks like this sickness just keeps getting more expensive! I have to quite holding the pistols and leave them in the box or behind the glass case.LOL

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I have to quite holding the pistols and leave them in the box or behind the glass case.
The good thing about getting a BAER is that for the most part you stop seeing 'better' guns in the display case.

By the way, $1250 for a 1.5" Baer is pretty darned good price, easily worth it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ranger, you've given me the next greatest excuse to tell my wife I NEED ONE MORE 1911 so i can ultimatly stop buying lessor versions! LOL.
You make a very good point though. Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ranger, you've given me the next greatest excuse to tell my wife I NEED ONE MORE 1911 so i can ultimatly stop buying lessor versions! LOL.
You make a very good point though. Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
My take on it

There might be some value in having a low serial# PII but thats very subjective. The price doesn't impress me at all on a 8 yr old unit. The other thing that you need to keep in perspective is that there is no such thing as NIB if it was sold to an end user. If the firearm passed from a dealer to a consumer whether it's fired or not after the transaction, it is always LNIB (like new in box). One must always assume the weapon was used as there is no way to prove otherwise once it is purchased. Good luck, RB:cool:

·
Registered
23,251 Posts
SCULLY said:
All Baers are 70 series .
Technically, a Baer cannot be "70 series" because that is a Colt trademark.

Yes, I know that "series 70" has gotten into generic usage to mean "no firing pin block" and Baers do not have those misfire inducers.

They do, however use .38 firing pins in all calibers and therefore are not fully interchangeable with true 1911s.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Jim Watson said:
Technically, a Baer cannot be "70 series" because that is a Colt trademark.

Yes, I know that "series 70" has gotten into generic usage to mean "no firing pin block" and Baers do not have those misfire inducers.

They do, however use .38 firing pins in all calibers and therefore are not fully interchangeable with true 1911s.
I don't think this is completely true, the older Baers at one time used the standard firing pin config.

8/9 years sound to me like this unit should have the standard firing pin.

·
Registered
35 Posts
got one that was built in 1994,and in 2002...the one in 2002 got a fireing pin bent at a section indoor match in 2003 due to a faulty primer..when i got back home took the one from the 94 modle and stuck it in the 2002 modle till i got 2 from Baer....both work fine..G'
but for the $$$ diff...i'd get a new one.....but if its a 1.5 gun then 1000. to 1150 would be ok...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.