1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at purchasing a very good condition Springfield Champion Operator and have not had any experience with this model, it feel good in hand and of course would have to find the correct gunleather so Im just seeking info from people who own/carry this model of Springfield--Thanks in advance for a reply.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Im looking at purchasing a very good condition Springfield Champion Operator and have not had any experience with this model, it feel good in hand and of course would have to find the correct gunleather so Im just seeking info from people who own/carry this model of Springfield--Thanks in advance for a reply.
I carried one for nearly 2 years with no issues. It went back to SACS for a trigger job and other odds and ends. I never had a single issue with it. Overall a great gun with the capacity to mount a light if need be.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I had one. Great and surprisingly soft shooter, especially for an aluminum frame. I sold it to a friend that still has it and carries it all the time. My main issue was finding a holster for it. Even the one that came with it was difficult to remove the gun from the holster!

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I've got one and it has become one of my favorite pistols. Carries easily and shoots like a house on fire! Mine just got back from Alchemy Custom Weaponry with some upgrades.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have one. Nice pistol. Wilson Combat stocks a really nice OWB holster that fits this pistol. 129.00 plus shipping is a good price too. All that being said, I am looking to trade mine for an EMP. I don't need a rail and love 9mm 1911 variants...

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Fantastic pistol. It inspires instant confidence in its capabilities abd in Springfield's heritage. Don't hesitate if you like it overall.
I sold mine because I wanted something else more and my next will be the Ol' Stainless Champion.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I had one a several years back. It was a great shooter and no problems. I wish that I never sold it.
Back then, holsters for a railed 1911s were few and far between and very pricey and wait times were too long.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Have one just purchased this week - Only a few hundred rounds through mine but it will become my EDC (sans light), replacing a M&PC, which replaced a Shield. I've been lusting over one for a few months, shot a rental of it several times, and finally decided to pull the trigger. Pretty much running it stock other than I will be exchanging the ambi safety for a single-sided Wilson BP, and a set of CT green lasergrips. Safety jas been ordered and should arrive tomorrow, actually. I *may* switch the MSH to an arched model, which I typically do on all my 1911's, but haven't decided yet. Shoots pretty well with the flat, though :).

Holsters, there are more out there now than their used to be, and you can always select a holster for the Kimber Pro Carry, 4" w/rail and it will work fine. I ordered a TRP with half rail shell for my MTAC for the short term, but expect to order a Milt Sparks IWB most likely for it.

Bought a few Wilson 47DCB (black, low profile steel basepad) magazines for it, but it has a ramped barrel so you can run any mag really. I ran my CMC Power Mags and PM+'s though it with no issue.

The only complaint I have really is that the finish on the grip safety is kinda sketchy... you can see in the pic the finish is not uniform on the sides of it - not sure if b/c it's mim or if i just got a wonky one. That and I'm not really wild about the recoil rod setup, but there are a few options available there as well.

Shoots better than I do, below was first mag run through Wed :).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts