1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the general opinion on the Compact II?

I did a search, but didn't really find much. CCO 1911's always made a lot of sense to me for CCW. Too bad there aren't more on the market.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
The new one has a AL frame. Perfect size for EDC. I have the CDP Compact II and love it. Accurate and reliable from the first shot.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm a fan of the CCO style 1911s also. I bought one of the older all-steel versions of the Compact II that my dealer still had in stock. Personally, I wanted the all steel gun, though most people seem to like the lighter aluminum frame of the CDP Compact II and the new version of the Compact II with the aluminum frame.

As for my Compact II, before even shooting it I installed an EGW oversize FP stop, adjusted extractor tension to where I wanted it and made a small divit in the slide stop where it contacts the plunger. Those are things I do to basically any 1911 I buy.

I've only had a couple occassions to shoot it, so it only has somewhere a bit over 200rds through it. During that there has been zero malfunctions of any kind using both the factory mag and Wilson Officer's mags. I've only used 230gr ammo (my preference) but have used at least a couple mags each of PMC FMJ, American Eagle FMJ, Speer Gold Dots, Federal HST +P and Tacical Bonded +P, and Winchester Ranger-T (standard pressure). It shot well with all (Ranger-T and Gold Dots grouped best) and handled the varied bullet profiles just fine. I carry Ranger-Ts in it.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
I was a fan, and owned a couple, of the CCO type pistols (Commander slide, OACP frame) until the Bobtailed Commanders started being produced. Full frame prints less than the OACP frame under my jacket and uses full size, reliable magazines.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a Combat Carry in this configuration and LOVE it. It has an aluminum frame. I would like to get my hands on an all steel gun just to shoot it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I carry the compact model everyday and it has never failed to function 100 percent. Not bad for a 1911. SRM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts