1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have peoples experience been with the Fobus Roto holster. i don' t mind kydex, I am an occasional holster user- in car an walking. I am looking for flexibility and concealment for a 1911 govt holster. My initial thought is that the Fobus Roto would be useful for driving in cross draw and concealed in the small of my back under a jacket.

I am sure there are a lot of opinions out there!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought a Roto-Holster for a G22. I holstered the pistol and had a hell of a time getting it out.

It seems that with a Glock it requires a real snappy draw[ for lack of a better word] to release the pistol.

It would be okay for range use or letting others mess with it to figure how much forward or rear cant they want in a custom holster.

·
Premium Member
20,405 Posts
I won one and put it on once. With a 1911, it rattled something fierce. Certainly no tactical noise advantage. It went away fast.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
I've used one all year long in monthly action pistol matches with a Commander. It's worked fine. I like the adjustable feature. Mine's also a paddle which I like a lot, too. I was initially worried about scratching & "wearing" on my beautiful blued commander, but I was checking it over closely today as I cleaned it and couldn't find any evidence of holster wear.

Good shooting.....RR

·
Banned
597 Posts
I wouldn't buy anything fobus personally. For every Fobus product I've come across, there's something else out there that does the job better.
FWIW, I sold guns for two years, and fobus holsters for about 1 after they first came out. With everyone that put them under any kind of strain, they failed every time.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
get the blade tech...better product...i love mine

·
Registered
579 Posts
I can't speak for the roto holsters but I've had a couple paddle holsters I used for IDPA only. They held up during their limited use but I felt they were terrible for concealing. I also disliked the "snappy" draw.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I tried on a Fobus Roto for a J-frame. Sticks out way too far for any concealment. I would say it was good enough if you had a big enough gut.
ML

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Fobus = POS.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fobus Holster

I own two: a roto paddle for my S&W686 and a fixed paddle for my Keltec P40.
--
Both do what I ask them to do: securely hold my weapon while on my person.
--
Thye aren't the most concleable, but OWB paddle is always going to be tricky.
--
Both of mine have held up fine in competitions.
--
Blade-tec they ain't, but they also cost less than half a Blade-tec.
--
Another alternative is the Uncle Mike's line of kydex holsters. These cost even less than Fobus and, IMO (flame suit on), are better suuited to my uses than Blade-tec at less than 1/3 the price. Thing is, Fobus & Blade-tec have a wider selection tham Uncle MIkes Kydex line of holsters.
--
Frankly, OWB, OWB paddle, and especially OWB cross-draw are not as concealable as IWB, BUT, they have their uses. If cross-draw solves your problem, drop $25 on a Fobus Roto & try it out.

·
Registered
983 Posts
The Roto isn't a terrible holster for the range considering the price, but I wouldn't even THINK of trying to conceal it. If you want a cheap plastic holster get an Uncle Mike's or a Galco Armortek.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts