1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my new ten II should be arriving soon and I already know I want to get a new thumb safety, probly a ed brown extended, but my question is do you guys think there is any other parts I should replace while I'm making this order? I' don't want to just replace parts for cosmetic reasons ether I mean if there are any MIM parts you think should be thrown in the trash please let me know. And I know that MIM parts can be vary strong if done right, its just that big IF in the sentance I dont like. But anything that will make gun nicer overall is great to.

Thanks Jason

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
for got to mention that I would like to replace the parts my self so nothing that requires any heavy machining or anything please.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one?

·
Premium Member
20,402 Posts
I like to keep a spare fitted slide stop, firing pin stop, and extractor (if yours is internal). As long as you're paying shipping, get yourself a few recoil springs and maybe a spare firing pin. I always change out the plastic MSH, but you don't need to worry about that. Brownell's has a flat shipping rate, and should have everything you need. I love Ed Brown "Hardcore" parts. Good luck with the new pistol!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about a new sear? Seems like I heard someone on here say to replace that to.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Auzzie, the BP 10 II comes standard with an extended safety. I bought mine slightly used and it also had an extended slide release. The ESR works well due to the polymer frame being fatter at the rails and the ESR is recessed. I`d shoot a couple of thousand rounds before I even considered the sear replacement. I like mine real well. Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts