1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a used Springfield 9mm at a local gun shop for a great price, but I'm scared to purchase it after some of the threads I've seen about them. :( It has adj sights, appears to have the ramp on the barrell and the guide rods seems to be a two piece ( has the star shaped screw on the front). What do you guys think?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind I bought it! Hopefully, I'll be brining you a wonderful range report.

This is my first Springfield firearm.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not to scared!

Wow only 26 hours and you bought it. I guess you weren't that scared. Alright lets hear all the details. Model, finish, condition, price, range report, etc.

Let us know,
Rob

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah, the gun dealer made me a good offer. I traded a Para LDA for it, even. I only paid $585.00 for the Para originally. I believe its the stainless target, it has adjustable sights, came with 3 mags & looks like its new. The one owner only kept it 3 months.:hrm: The dealer showed me 3 other guns in the case that the same guy had returned and assurd me it was a shooter. He said the same guy set a new record this week by trading 3 guns in one week.

I haven't been to the range yet. I'll try it out after the IDPA match this weekend. The only thing I don't like is how rough the slide feels when I cycling it. I have a friend with the same model in .45 acp and his slide feels the same way. Its not a smooth as my Kimber slide. Any suggestions, polish it maybe?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good Deal!!!

Right on, I think you did good with the trade. My 2 cents would be to break it down, clean the heck out of it (even if it looks clean) then Lube it up real good and put a few thousand rounds though it. I think you need to run a lot rounds though it before it's truely broke in. Give us a range report ASAP. Again, Congrats on your new pistola!!!!

Rob

·
Registered
43 Posts
love mine. picked up a stainless 9mm nib a couple of years ago, and then went back and bought a stainless 45 to complete my "matched set". shoot them both and they are very accurate and reliable. sometimes i think i should have bought a kimber, but then i ask myself why even think that. the springfields look good, shoot good, and do all i ask them to do.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Its not a smooth as my Kimber slide. Any suggestions, polish it maybe?
you can send it into springfield and get a carry bevel done on it to soften all the edges. because it's a used gun you could have springfield do a tech inspection. while it's there you can get a bunch of other stuff done to it. download the the custom shop list of services:

http://www.springfield-armory.com/CustomShop.pdf

-kotonk

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally got to try it out today after the match. All I can say is SWEET!!!! The gun fired flawlessly, accurately and had absolutely no recoil. I fired Winchester white box and Blazer 115, both fed great. This gun is excellent and I'm very pleased with my trade. Thanks to all who added something to this thread.

A Happy Springfield customer :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts