1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to change out the trigger on my Kimber for one without holes in it. I've heard that Burns makes one, but have my concerns there.
anybody else make one? what's involved with fitting it? I know I'll have to file the edges to it'll fit in the slots at the top & bottom, but what do you have to do to the bow?

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
norman74 said:
I've heard that Burns makes one, but have my concerns there.
You shouldn't. I've had guns with 2 of his solid triggers. Both were excellent. You can ask Ted Yost what he thinks of the #14 BCP trigger, he's installed several including the one in my latest Delta. I know Ted has used several of the Casull triggers too.

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, at $18.20 shipped, I couldn't pass up on the Casull. Glad I snuck in before it was discontinued.

·
Registered
470 Posts
a trigger fit for a King???

I believe King's makes a short and long version as well.

·
Registered
280 Posts
BUrns trigger

I bought a Burns trigger a couple of weeks ago, I haven't got it installed yet but the quality was top notch.

·
Registered
462 Posts
JoeR said:
Best I've seen is Hilton Yam's solid trigger like he put in my SA. Check it out a www.signaturegrade.com. Larry Vickers uses 'em, nuff said!
Last I checked, he's not selling them as a part. This is from the website:

"This trigger is standard on all my 1911’s, and is also available on 1911’s built by Larry Vickers. The trigger is not available for sale, and is currently only available in the long solid configuration. "

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Anyone still make a solid, long stainless steel like Videcki used to make?

As far as aluminum, I tink King's Gun Works makes long solids.

Thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
scalinghammer said:
Why a trigger with no holes? Even more why a long stainless trigger with no holes?
bewildered minds want to know.
Ed
I don't know why anyone would want an all stainless (shoe included) trigger but I like the looks of a long solid trigger (aluminum) on a working gun. I think it has a "quality" look to it. That may be because of my interest in Sig P210's before my "discovery" of 1911's.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
scalinghammer said:
Why a trigger with no holes? Even more why a long stainless trigger with no holes?
Ed
Better question might be, why bother with the holes?

If it is to make the trigger lighter, most solid triggers are actually hollow in the inside (at least the BCP ones are), so they are as light (or lighter) than the 3-hole variety.

As for making the trigger out of steel instead of aluminum... you've got me on that one. :confused:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
donw said:
Greider in Escondido, CA has the tooling to make the original Videki triggers, and they're available in 3 hole, and long and short solid. Their phone number is 760 480 8892, e-mail is [email protected], or they're available from Gil Hebard. Best.
Thank you donw. Much obliged.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
scalinghammer said:
Ed
I just don't want aluminum to get anywhere near the sacred steel of my 1911s. Ditto for plastics.

But hey that's just me

·
Registered
673 Posts
It is just a taste for steel not a reason to dislike aluminum or plastic. I can live with that.

I have always looked for very light triggers as I like a lighter trigger pull. I could be wrong but I believe that the lighter the weight of the trigger and related mechanism the lighter the trigger pull can be consistent with good durability. Aluminum or plastic trigger faces and titanium bows seem to me to be the way to go but I have no religious feeling about steel.
Ed Henry

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
scalinghammer said:
Ed
why do you need the holes? The holes to me have just always looked like someplace for something to get stuck. Honestly, I'd rather have a solid hammer too than one with the hole in it, or the "loop".

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The BCP solid triggers are the best quality.Ive placed one side by
side with another solid trigger and it became obvious!You dont really want to see another gun with a three hole trigger do you?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts