1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Pro-CCW Sheriff had to retire to battle federal indictments. I do not know him personally nor did I contribute to his campaign. Whether he is guilty or not will be determined in the courts. What I do know is that he was bold enough to establish a CCW issuing policy consistent with state laws and have issued to citizens of Orange County. Under his leadership, the issuing rate for Orange County has been among the highest for an urban county. If you live in Orange County and can establish a sufficient good cause and there is nothing in your background that would indicate you are a poor candidate for a CCW permit, you will be issued one. No celebrity status and no campaign contribution required.

Before he retired, he appointed Jack Anderson as the acting Sheriff. Jack Anderson is also pro-CCW and we want to ensure the Orange County Board of Supervisors will select him as the interim Sheriff until the next election. Please go to the following link and vote for Jack Anderson.

Thank you.
Vote for Jack Anderson
http://www.ocregister.com/article/script-1961295

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Info sent out to friends. Thanks!

I like Orange County. It's still Kalifornia but it's fun to shoot three matches a weekend down there.

·
Premium Member
20,405 Posts
Don't you think his ouster was due to his pro-ccw stance? In CA, that's a death warrant!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are a few counties in California that are extreme left leaning. Orange is not one of them. I don't believe his pro-CCW position is part of the issue. There have been issues in his past regarding the issuance of CCW's to questionable people. However, the Sheriff of LA County is even worst. We have people that researched all the CCW issued in LA County and found only one name that they cannot identify as a celebrity or a donor. (Excluding judges, Fed LEO, reserver LEO.) The fact is, not many know the issues behind CCW and some didn't even know it was possible to obtain a CCW in the state. From what I can gather, the USA's office have been eying him for a long time.

As of last night, the OC Register web voting was locked after 1000 votes. Not sure if it will be unlocked. Thanks for reading and passing this on.

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
It had nothing to do with his CCW policy. Most people in OC have no idea that you can get a CCW here.

There have been "rumors" for a long time about Sheriff Carona and his political appointments. Two of his "appointed" reservist deputies were large contributors to his campaign are now serving sentences in jail. Another was arrested for pulling his gun on a golf course because the players in front were too slow. None of these deputies had gone through the academy........they were just contributors to his campaign.

The Sheriff's wife and mistress are also under federal indictment for taking money for favors and using the Sheriff's dept. for influence.

There were many other charges of favors for money.

FWIW, Jack Anderson is another one who was appointed by Carona but didn't have the qualifications to run to be an undersheriff. The Board of Supervisors had to vote to allow him to remain in the office until the election. There are other Pro-CCW candidates who will run, including one who ran against Carona in the last election. When he lost, Carona demoted him and then suspended him because he said some unflattering things about Carona during the campaign.

Just because we agree with some policies of an elected official doesn't mean we should turn a blind eye to corruption.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I stated in my post, the courts will determine the fate of Carona. I don't know him personally so I have no interest other than to see the programs he established for CCW and civilian volunteers continue under the next Sheriff.

The Lt. that ran against him also have some questionable involvement in the Heidle (sp) case. One knowledgeable source indicate he was the LT who made the call in an attempt to get the younger Heidle out of trouble.

The civilian volunteer program was started by Heidle and yes they had problems with it. Those issues have been corrected many years ago and I would consider the current program successful. I know of many, simple no bodies like me, who have applied and have been accepted. Other than getting to spend your own time for the county, we get nothing but training in return. Being a volunteer in this program does not make it easier to obtain a CCW. That was made very clear during the orientation.

As for the AH that pull the gun on the golf course, anytime any CCW holder do stupid things like that, it reflect poorly on all gun owners. This AH just happens to be associated with Carona and the news played it up. It could have been any AH that managed to get a CCW. Needless to say, his was pulled immediately and he has no chances of obtaining one in the future.

The voters of the county will vote for a new sheriff in the next election. In the mean time, Jack Anderson is qualified foe the position and his presence will minimize the disruptions to the department. Guilt by association would be unfair to him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts