Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and hard-chromed :p

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! The only thing I would do differently is the ACW delete. Otherwise, I’ll take your spot if you change your mind :LOL:
I debated on that, I have a Brimstone with the script and really like it but when I saw this picture on their website I liked the clean look on HC

·
Registered
310 Posts
I like their rollmark and got it on all mine. Did my Elite in all hard chrome/DLC two tone should be here near term. Can't wait!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Nice build!!

I am not into brown wood, but the image with those woods on HC look good.

You saving up for some fancy grips or already have some?

I ordered my CC with black checkered too but I ordered some Holly and hoping ACW busts out with emblem G10 grips.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: SW CQB 45

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After a snafu on the gun (they didn't install the orange ameriglo front site) they had to rebuild the entire gun as Rob didn't feel comfortable swaping front sights (I'd love to hear more about why this was a challenge)

Anyway, the gun could had been completed and delivered to me in end-of-April but....now the 2nd version of this gun is complete and the gun has been shipped and is in the capable :sneaky: hands of USPS. I should have it on Friday.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Novak Nitrides their sights. File fitting these to dovetails is a near impossible task (nitride is harder than a file is) and they are oversized for the cuts in our slides. (as most sights rightly should be to allow for proper fitting) When you order an orange outline tritium front sight, we run a program in the CNC to custom tailor our existing front sight cut to perfectly fit the Novak front sight. Cutting on a finished hard chrome slide is a no-go for me. Mistakes happen...all the time unfortunately. Whether it's the person inputting the order incorrectly, or the person building the gun with the wrong parts, it happens. I would much rather ship a product that I know was not simply patched up to get it out the door.

·
Registered
213 Posts
All of us are human, mistakes happen, I've even made a "couple" myself in the last 72 years...
Anyway when I ordered my Brimstone, I requested the orange out line big tritium front sight. Upon completion it was discovered that somehow a white big outline sight had been installed. ACW declared the problem before shipping and offered to replace the pistol. I have several of the white outline sights so was not concerned regarding visibility so chose to take it as built. I have the DLC on the slide with polished sides so it would have been a complete rebuild for mine also as the fitting of the sights requires filing or grinding. No hurt no foul on my side, it works just fine as is. I appreciate the honesty from ACW for letting me know my options before it was shipped.. Upfront crew!
FWIW, my girlfriend calls it my "Tuxedo Pistol" as it is so classy looking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts