1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have never used them, I do know alot of people that use them and they swear by them, good bullets, no leading, etc etc, they are on the expensive side in my book, but most bullet makers are on the high side now, these are just a tad higher.

All for now JD Trampas

Colt Gold Cup Natonal Match
Colt Mark IV 70 series
Kimber Rapter 11
Springfield Armory Loaded

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I use them (45acp 200g LSWC). They are well made; smooth shiny lead, the lube stays in the groove, not smeared or broken. They are a well made bullet. My last order from Cabela's was for 3,000 bullets - but that was before the price went through the roof. I would like to use them again if I can justify the price. My last order from "another bullet company" was for 2,000 bullets and the cost was $130 to my door. The bullets from this company didn't look as nice; that is, the lead was duller and less smooth, and there was lube was chuncks on the bullets and in the bottom of the box. The lube was just a little sloppy. That caused me to stop frequently and clean up a bullet before seating it. How much this aggravation is worth in dollars spent is still up in the air. So I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the OT Laser Cast bullets.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I've used the OT Laser cast 200g Semi Wadcutters.. very accurate with VV N310 3.9g-4.5g and Kart 5" barrel.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i use them in .45, .357, and .44 mag. no complaints here. i just bought 1000 of each on Friday. (if you look them up on the website using the item number and the "JH" prefix, you'll get the old prices!!!) :D

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
They were my first major bullet purchase when I started reloading. Buy 2K and get their reloading manual free. I can't justify their prices, almost as high as FMJ then, but prob the best bullets on the market. I can get 1K for $33 for bulk 5K or larger orders and pick them up at the local gunshow when I need to. I can't see the prices that are being charged by other co's. Just me, but a slight aggrivation and slight less match grade accuracy (since I'm not a match grade shooter ;) ) is worth the cost that I can get my lead for. Tracy

·
Registered
744 Posts
They were 51/k until about Jan 2, plus shipping and a $6 surcharge per box of 500. Cabela's then exploded the price to, I believe, a current $92/k ... they are very nice bullets but not at 92 bucks ... try Midway, they have several weights of Oregon Trail on sale this month. About $60/k for 200gr SWCs, plus shipping.

Penn Bullets also had their Match 200gr on sale at $78/k plus USPS flat rate shipping - excellent bullets, as good as Oregon Trail, but he's often backordered 2-4 weeks...call for current status.

/Bryan

·
Registered
16 Posts
cabelas

Products Ordered

2 of 21-3648 OREGON TRAIL LAZER-CAST BULLETS per 1000 45 CAL 200GR SWC
Shipped-01/18/08
Total

Merchandise = $101.98
Postage = $24.95
ORDER TOTAL = $126.93

cabelas bucks $20.00----106.93

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
YaHoo! I just got off the phone with Cabela's and now have 5K OT Laser Cast bullets on the way. The total was $330, but I used $40 in Cabela's Points (I have their VISA card), which brought it down to $279 - for 5,000 bullets.

Thanks for the tip of using the JH prefix - that did it.

I should have order 10K...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Back order shipped 1/18

I don't have Cabella's bucks but I think I got a good deal.

Current price per 1000 on thier website is $91.99

2 of 21-3648 OREGON TRAIL LAZER-CAST BULLETS per 1000 45 CAL 200GR SWC

Backorder-Tentative arrival to Cabelas 01/26/08

Total

Merchandise = $101.98
Postage = $24.95
Tax = $9.55
ORDER TOTAL = $136.48

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Great bullets. I put them over 4.9gr of Bullseye with OAL of 1.23". Since their prices doubled, I've gone elsewhere for 200gr LSWCs, but had 5k back ordered from Cabela's (thanks Kevins Garage)....

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I've used OT. They have a quality product.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Great bullets. I buy from Cabela's because the shipping is cheaper then getting them from other sources.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
My bullets have been shipped. I had them ship via USPS, and they are being broken up into 5 seperate packages. I asked them not to use UPS because two of my previous orders have been delivered to wrong addresses. The UPS guy that has my route must have been the runt of the litter.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oregon Trail

I use the 200gr SWC in several 1911s, and have also used it in S&W model 25 using Auto Rim cases. Very satisfied, and helps keep me going between casting/sizing sessions. Price?....everythings going up---brass, powder, primers, even scrap lead and wheel weights are getting more difficult to accumulate.

You won't be disappointed with Oregon Trail.

Dennis

1 - 20 of 45 Posts