1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used Oregon Trails Lazer Cast Bullets in my BHP-40 and liked them a lot. Does anyone use them in their 1911 45's. Which bullets do you like of theirs? I'm a new Kimber owner and interested in any good loads. Thanks.

·
Registered
21,734 Posts
I load their 200 grain roundnose - actually has a shoulder like a SWC - for my S-S P220. Fine quality, but I can get standard #68 style SWCs for 1911s locally and not pay transcontinental freight on lead.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comeback Jim. I actually just ordered some 200 gr SWC'c on line frome them. No shipping charges if ordered on line.

·
Registered
697 Posts
DoubleD,

There are shipping charges but they are included in the price. I can buy locally for $26.98 +tax what they charge $43.50 for over the Net. And the leading is about the same. They are about one of the most expensive cast bullets you can buy.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
While I love their bullets, it was their cost that caused me to start casting my own.

Due to the low velocity of the .45 auto, I can't see spending very much on 200 SWC bullets. I can cast these for $5/1000 with straight wheel weights and no hardening and can't make them lead with my worst barrel. I'd stick with the cheapest bullets available.

$26.98 is hard to beat for "store bought" bullets.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Originally posted by Walking Point:
$26.98 is hard to beat for "store bought" bullets.
Sure is! One of the shops in town has a range that they collect the lead from to cast new bullets. By the way, that price was for 9mm 124 gr. RN.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts