1911Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
79,298 Posts
You guys are all dreaming. While CDNN does get a few genuine Colt parts in sometimes, most of their stuff is imported junk. Brownells has listed Colt parts for many years, but when you call to order their answer is always "Sorry, out of stock. We don't know when we might get more in". Colt has not been supplying what had existed of their spare parts network since at least 1992 or so. I know because I have tried buying Colt parts for years. All I ever usually find are 1) new old stock at gunshows, or 2) cleverly packaged cheap parts being passed off as Colt's.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
23,136 Posts
The stuff that CDNN lists as Colt factory parts are not? They have always sold a lot of McCormick parts, and stuff that I suspected was Israeli-made, but I was not aware that they'd ever claimed non-Colt parts were Colt.

·
Administrator
79,298 Posts
Rick,

I once bought a factory-stock couple thumb safeties from them. If they were Colts they came out of the reject bin. I've seen enough Colt parts and they definitely weren't Colt. Maybe they were tricked by their vendor, maybe it was just an error in their ad, but either way they went back.

·
Administrator
79,298 Posts
If they actually had something in stock, then good for you. I too wish Colt would begin filling up on spare parts again, because the truth is that's a very profitable part of any company. Just add up the cost of the parts, and see what the complete pistol would be if you bought it piece by piece!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Numrich list a "Colt Widespur" hammer for $15.95 somehow I just can't bring myself to buy that hammer because I do not think it will be the same quality of the one like just purchased off e-bay. I bet it is a cast part and I'll bet it an't made by Colt.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
23,136 Posts
A lot of people/companies will use "Colt" to indicate the part will fit a 1911. It's one thing to say I have a part FOR a Colt, and another to say I have Colt parts.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
I called Colt to see about getting a link & pin for my Officer's ACP (along w/ a few other things) and they said they didn't sell parts retail. They recommended Pittsburgh Handgun Headquarters, 1330 Center Ave., Pittsburgh,PA. 15229, (412) 766-6100. They are a Colt warranty and authorized repair center. Give them a call. Nice folks to deal with. Fast delivery. I don't think they have a Web-Site.
Tomcatt:)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Pittsburgh Handgun Headquarters repaired a Colt Detective Special for me about 25 years ago. They did an excellent job and the turnaround time was quick. I am glad to hear they are still there and still providing good customer service.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
dsk said:
If they actually had something in stock, then good for you. I too wish Colt would begin filling up on spare parts again, because the truth is that's a very profitable part of any company. Just add up the cost of the parts, and see what the complete pistol would be if you bought it piece by piece!

Not to mention all the money made on shipping and "handling"....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.