1911Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In recent news repeated countless of times shows public enemy no.1 handling or firing his personal AK47. If this rifle was ever recovered and put up for sale would you buy it and how much do you think it would be worth?
Just picture that rifle once belonging to (preferably dead)public enemy no.1 hanging proudly on your gun rack as part of your collection....

·
Registered
142 Posts
It would probably have a heck of a resale value, probably never been fired and only dropped once.

I wouldn't be interested in it though...

------------------
When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question, " How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
I'd be interested. A while back I was able to obtain a crate of 50 Walther P38's all complete with Nazi proof marks and matching serial numbers. Now, they look good, I melted them down into a fashionable block of steel to weigh down my gun safe.

·
2,895 Posts
My favorite was Thundercracker.

The other jets were cool too. Starscream got somewhat annoying and then I couldn't keep up anymore when all or some of em got changed into Scourge or Cyclonus.

#$%@$ Osama!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
It is an ak-74 not ak-47. It is full auto and registered full auto ak-74's start out at about 8 grand. Being associated with that SOB it could probably bring 200,000+. Don't see it ever coming over though. It couldn't be a dealers sample and couldn't be privately owned by NFA laws. My .02

·
Registered
983 Posts
Isn't Osama's gun a Krinkov? A true ak-74 has a full-length barrel/gas system and a straighter mag for the 5.54/whatever 22 derivative.

His gun has the Krinkov muzzle brake, and the small size, and seems to be 7.62x39 (AK47/AKM derivative).

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
No doubt the bidding would get pretty high as there are some people who will buy anything. I really have no idea but would guess over one hundred thousand dollars. Since he is a wanted criminal I'd imagine that if Bin Laden's is taken along with him it will end up in the FBI's collection though. Personally I would'nt want to own Osama's, Patrick Purdy's, or any other killer's gun. Of course if Osama is shot dead, and the gun (that kills him) can be identified, I'd imagine that it would bring an even greater price. Stay safe, Gary

------------------
What I want most from the government is to be left alone. GWT

[This message has been edited by Gary W Trott (edited 11-06-2001).]

·
Registered
983 Posts
Wait - you're talking about that gun he's seen firing or the one that's always on his back? Different beasties, me thinks.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
When they show him in his bathrobe outside it looks like a AK74. I've seen several cave pictures of him with a 40 round mag stuck in his Krinkov.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by popeye:
I've seen several cave pictures of him with a 40 round mag stuck in his Krinkov.
I'd like to shove a 40 round mag in his Krack.

SIDEWAYS!

Ross T.

[This message has been edited by ROSANGHAL (edited 11-06-2001).]

·
Premium Member
6,992 Posts
I think its an AKS-74U, the 5.45x39mm Krinkov.
I'd hang that rifle on my gun room wall, just under his mounted head.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one with an odd sense of what's collectable. But I've got dibs on it, told my USMC chum the day this all started, if/when you wind up over there, get me that Kalashnikov!

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Fella's, it won't be an M16 that takes this guy out, it'll probably be a Barrett, though a real possiblity exists...

It may be an A-10 Aardvark, an AH-64 Apache, or an M1 Abrahms. Of course, you can't rule out those F/A-18 Strike Hornet's, F-15 Strike Eagle's, and the Bomber's of the Strategic Air Command (B1, B2, B52).

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by pistolwrench:
I'd hang that rifle on my gun room wall, just under his mounted head.
LOL! Best answer yet!. I'd settle for the mounted head instead of the rifle-if I can't get both. Then I'd put a piece of bacon in it's mouth...

Megatron

·
Registered
131 Posts
After I Shove his AK up is azz And let loose all rounds I would cut up his POS AK and sell the pieces.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts