1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I was wondering if anyone who could recommend a competent Beretta smith who wouldn't laugh me under the table when I told him I wanted a real-steel duplicate of the Kendo Custom S.T.A.R.S. Samurai Edge Beretta 92F that debuted in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and has since been retconned into Resident Evil Zero and Resident Evil REmake.
Mostly an exercise in being friends with a good laser engraver, the actual smithing should be relatively easy, but I need someone who will respect my fandom. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
262 Posts
ha! don't know what the heck that looks like, but this fellow apparently does some serious-looking work on beretta 92's. check out tony kidd at www.coolguyguns.com. here's a pic of some of his work - http://www.coolguyguns.com/images/ELITE_3a-desc.jpg

Hey - if you're going to spend the $$$ on having this built, are you at least going to pay starline for a run of custom brass so you can load your own ammo headstamped "umbrella 9mm"?

Jared

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The "Umbrella 9mm" was a movie thing...
Though, being as my real name is "Tony" and in the games Resident Evil 2 and 3 the boxes of 9mm were from "Tony's Arms" I might still have to go for that Starline Custom run B-)
Will post a picture of the Tokyo Marui Airsoft replica and a screen of the Tony's Arms ammo box if I can find 'em. Good clear pictures of the former are surprisingly hard to come by.

Edited to add: I looked at the pic after I posted, but having looked at it I'd say he could very well do the job, that's awful close already!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, I found a pic that isn't miniscule and tiny. As you can see, laser engraving and custom grips will be the real meat of the project, though with the Novak sights going on, might as well slick up the action and shoot some IDPA SSP with it :D

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
you weren't kidding. that looks pretty much like an elite with better sights, different grips, and some engraving/chemical etching on the side. good luck.

Jared

·
Registered
240 Posts
The one on the 2nd light gun game is similar to the spec ops variant sans the compensator. Im sure that can be done up by a comptitant smith. Might even be a European exclusive model that you might be able to import.

k.s.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to demonstrate the depths of my fandom, I'll point out that the "second" light gun game you're referring to, RE: Dead Aim, is in fact Gun Survivor 4: Heroes Never Die. It's the fourth gun survivor game and the THIRD Resident Evil Gun Survivor. Gun Survivor 2 was a Japan-only arcade machine, and the GS3 was set in the Dino Crisis universe.
I'm not really interested in Bruce McGivern's sidearm, though it would be easily duplicatable. I could swear I've seen the compensator/rail used for sale somewhere... all one would have to do if they did want that piece would be bolt it on, put on some decent sights, and go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts