1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting an OWB holster for my SIS Pro and looking for suggestions. I want one made of leather preferably with suede lining, sweat guard, full covering on the safety and slide-in (belt) mount. What do you guys use?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I'd stay away from suede and similar linings and go with a smooth leather lining if available. Suede can hold dirt an abrasive material that will wear on your finish.
I use Garrett Silent Thunder holsters for my 1911s, they're smooth leather lined kydex, the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Nightingale Leather Griffon V, with the leather lined option. I have one of the first lined ones, it is my favorite OWB. The smooth leather lining provides an extremely fast draw with good retention. Pricey but worth it.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Try Tucker Gun leather forum member and merchant

·
Registered
135 Posts
Tucker Gunleather and TT Gunleather, both offer nice holsters and excellent customer service.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I will be getting an OWB holster for my SIS Pro and looking for suggestions. I want one made of leather preferably with suede lining, sweat guard, full covering on the safety and slide-in (belt) mount. What do you guys use?
No suede.
TT, Sparks (he does not make OWB with sweat guards TOO BAD), Ritchie, Alessi, Rosen, and others make great holsters if they make one for your need.
I do not recommend a high ride, but that the gun clears at the top of the belt or very close to that. High ride causes too much shoulder movement, and takes too long to get the cover garment clear. Something like the Sparks I-BAK is good, and Rosen makes the PREM-EXP that is excellent with snaps. I bought one new off eBay for my Kahr P9, and it is excellent. His Express line is reasonably priced for a fine holster. Snap holsters are very convenient.

If you go less than the top tier, FIST is my preference
Best,
Jerry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wright Leather Works have one for my Sig M11A1 they got a list of all models of guns they make holsters for. Well worth the 8 to 12 lead time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts