1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather than hijack the previous thread...

I'm looking for an OWB Kydex for my TRS but I want a large kydex body guard as pack of the back piece of the holster to protect my side from the beavertail / safety / hammer. I have very little body fat and no matter what I do I end up with a big bruise on my side without it.

I had a very nice IWB/OWB leather made for it but I need something to beat up when I'm outdoors fishing/hunting etc. Does anyone know of someone that makes Kydex holsters that could build this?

TIA, Jeff

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Ever think about a cross chest rig where leather makes more sense . Out of the way so nothing can dig in yet still at the ready . Far better for the outdoorsman . K bar J leather

Otherwise you may have to contact a small kydex holster makers and see if they can leave you a larger body guard you can cut to fit your needs .

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I haven't seen one, and can't imagine it allowing a good grip on the draw. Perhaps you need one that does not pull the grip of the gun in so tight? Blade tech has an adapter that adds drop and an outward cant.

·
Registered
522 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts