1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I've heard many reasons for applying for a CCW, but one that seems to stick out in my mind as being unique and reasonable is the mere fact that I own guns, I should be issued a permit.

The logic is as follows:
1. I own guns and legally practice with them. 2. I transport my guns to and from the shooting range on a regular basis. 3. Guns are unique with the possible exception of prescription drugs, in that they're about the only things that can be easily sold on the street, not for pennies on the dollar, but for more than their list prices.

I didn't come up with this idea, (I read or heard it somewhere) but it certainly seems like sound logic. Am I wrong? or is there something I'm missing? Has anyone successfully used this as a reason?

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
How about having opposable thumbs and being in the United States? Sounds good enough to me, and lets do away with the unconstitutional need for a permit while we are at it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
how about you phrase that as "being a CITIZEN of the United States"

I don't see any particular need for illegal aliens to be given the right to carry guns.. or vote.. or drive.. or to even stay here

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
You pretty much answered your own question on that one Joe. It should be a moot point that anyone who lives here is a citizen or legal alien.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm in a state that doesn't ask that question.

If you own firearms and shoot them with regularity, you'll get cops and gun shop owners asking you why you don't have a permit and carry.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Reason for CCL

Here in GA, you do not need a CCL to transport, have in your car, your business,(owner), your home, to shoot in tournaments. You only need a Permit to carry!:cool:

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Your "reason" is a good one - to us. No sheriff in Kali will be swayed by it, however. They don't much give a crap about your right to own guns and many would take them away if they could. I have a brother-in-law who's about to retire as a captain and that's the way he is - take 'em away!

Better to get a CCW where they don't ask for a reason because it's "shall issue"!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yep, I agree with Valkman, get it in a shall-issue state. Here in the PRMD, the LEO's don't give a rats patoot if you are a victim of assault as long as you don't try and defend yourself with a handgun. Sad really when you live nextdoor to the nations capital and it's also the MURDER CAPITAL of the country.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts