1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering about the reliability of a P-10 in 40S&W and/or 45ACP?
How well does it feed defense loads?
How does it handle while firing?
Plus's and minus's?
How does it compare to Kimber?
I am a LH shooter, would need a ambi-safety.

Thanks, AJ

·
Registered
163 Posts
Okay, I will now perform something that pains me.

I will bad mouth a Para and that hurts! I am a Para devotee, but my P10 was a jam-a-matic in my hands. It would only feed about 5 rounds and then nose dive jam on me. The grip was so miniscule that I was limp wristing the pistol. My girlfriend at the time had no problems with jamming when she fired the pistol, her hands could get a hold of that little devil!

I had ordered the Pearce Grip and that took care of nearly all of the jams, but I had lost faith in the P10 at that point and it was sent a packin' on a trade to the gun shop.

I do miss that little pistol, but it is not all that smaller then my P12. So I am not missing it that much.

Derek

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
. It would only feed about 5 rounds and then nose dive jam on me>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My P-13 does the same thing and I will not carry it on duty due to it unrelibility. My Kimber works just fine and has never jamed but that over priced POS P-13 is going to leave here if I can find a decent trade for it. I spent tons of money on it above and beyond the purchase price, beavertail grip safety, titanium long trigger, night sights, and all for nothing.

7th

------------------
Support Your Local Police

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
7th,
Understand your frustration, (believe me) but a competant smith should be able to get that thing running. If you've spent that much money on it, you might as well have a pistol you can use. I dumped about an additional $1500.00 in mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts