1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen and handled the P-12 with the LDA, and it seems like a pretty nice carry gun. What's the quality like on them? I was surprised at how not-thick the grip was. It didn't seem much wider than a standard 1911. Reactions to this model?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Bob is right that Para says the grip is only 1/8 thicker than a single stack. But's it's kind of comparing apples to oranges. Check out the Para Companion single stack with slim grips and the P12 with their reuglar (thin) grips. It's thinner than 1/8 of an inch - or at least feels that way. I think their advertised "1/8 thinner" is comparing regular 1911's grip to the double stack grip. A single stack can be made as thin or as thick as you want whereas the double stack Para's can only get so thin.

I like the thin grips of the single stack, but I carried my 12.45 LDA right after we got CCW passed and carried it all summer until I got the Para Carry. 12+1 rounds is nice since pit bulls don't necessarily go down right away.:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I carry a P-12 all of the time. I really like the grip width too, it helps absorb some of the recoil (which isn't much in the first place). Nevertheless I still found it a little narrow, so I put some Hogue finger grips on it and now it is perfect. The only thing I'm not crazt about is the stock sights. Anyone got a line on some decent carry/night sights for the pistol.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've been very happy with my p12. it is a single action modle. I do not have much expierience with the lda modles. I own 2 paras, a p12 and a p14ltd.
I have put 20,000 rounds through my p14 and am very happy. The only parts I have changed out are the factory mag springs which did not last, and the recoil and firing pin springs.
I have about 1500 rounds through my p 12 about 400 of wich were fired at steel plate matches. The only problems I have had are with the high cap mag springs. Traded them out for wolfs and they have worked just fine ever since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts