1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P-13 that suddenly developed an ejection problem. About half the time it fails to pull the fired brass all the way out of the chamber. It pulls it back about 3/8" and leaves if there, jammed against the next round in the mag. It happens with all the mags I have. If I chamber a round, remove the mag, then fire, the fired brass always ejects properly. I have totally dis-assembled the weapon and thoroughly cleaned the extractor and extractor housing. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
I would make sure that your chamber is clean, and that your extractor is tensioned properly, for starters.

What ammo are you using?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Had the same problem with a P13. The culprit turned out to be an extractor that didn't have enough tension. Once that was adjusted properly, it has been flawless. 13 plus 1 rounds of .45 in a commander size package is very reassuring.

------------------
If it wasn't for the NRA, the second ammendment would already be gone!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Could be an ammo issue, too. My Commander is pretty picky, but my C7.45 LDA isn't.

-- PG

------------------
Para Ordnance C7.45 + Glock G36 == Uber Perfection
"An armed society is a polite society"

·
Registered
253 Posts
If chamber is clean and ammo isn't issue, put in a new properly tensioned extractor. Both my old P-14's did this, so replaced with EB Hardcore (or Wilson BulletProofs, can't remember), and this eliminated that problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the answers. The chamber is clean and differant ammo doesn't help. Several of you mentioned extractor tension. That is where I thought the problem might be. How do properly tension the extractor, or do I just get a new one and hope it is OK?

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Originally posted by Sundown:
Hey Guys,

How do properly tension the extractor, or do I just get a new one and hope it is OK?

They are rarely tensioned correctly from the factory. Do a search under "extractor" and "tension" and you should find a lot of posts relating to their adjustment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts