1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Para P-14 mags, both of them, started falling out of the pistol every time I fire a round and the slide cycles. I can duplicate this by manually cycling the slide with a full mag. I replaced the mag release with a steel S&A unit thinking the ploymer one wore out, no luck. The 10rd pc mags work fine? Anyone have this happen to them, thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No they are the Para plastic base plates. Could a weak mag spring cause this? The ten rd mags are locked in tight but the 14rd mags feel loose from the start. These mags both just started doing this, I find that strange to happen at the same time.

·
Registered
535 Posts
look at the cutout in the right side of your mags where the mag catch engages them. is it possible that the nose of the rounds are coming too close to that cutout and pushing the mag catch loose? it's a pretty rare occurance, but I have seen it happen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know that could happen I guess but it only started happening recently? Is it possible that the spring could be hampering the mag catch?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I would look at the magazine catch. Never mind, just re-read your post and you replaced the mag catch already. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts