1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P-14 Tune-up: where do I go?

I want to send my vintage 1994 P-14 to a top pistolsmith for a check-out and any work advisable for continued reliability. Also re-blue of the frame. Who should I contact for this work? Many thanks. G

·
Registered
364 Posts
Are you encountering any problems?

------------------
Really interesting....Don't ya think??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Newton. I love this gun, but the other day I got a failure to extract and a non-feed of a last round, out of about 200 rounds fired. Also, a discoloration on the outside of the ejected cases that has a twist to it, as if it had something to do with dirty blowback from the barrel. Never had this before. The gun probably has about 2500 rounds through it. Feeds anything. Just thought it might be time for a checkup. Thanks. G

·
Registered
364 Posts
It might be a good idea to have someone look at it. Sounds like if there is a problem, that it is still quite minimal, and therefore probably a simple fix.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
George,

I would recommend George Smtih at EGW. He and his guys are top notch, fair priced and really knowledgeable. If he can't help you, I am sure he can direct you.
www.egw-guns.com

·
Registered
92 Posts
George, I concur with eerw's suggestion. George Smith (EGW)worked my LDA 14-45 which was plagued with faults when it was new out of the box. It now is one of my favorites and shoots like a charm.

------------------
If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about? (Clint Smith)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts