1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys help me out. I just was given a P14 unfired with 3 factory hicaps. This was a thank you from a woman whose husband passed away 4 years ago for doing some plumbing.

I fired it and am instantly hooked, but the plastic mag release and trigger look cheesy. Is this an issue or am I just being pickey.

By the way all I had to do was put a faucet in for her, it took all of 20 mins!

------------------
Semper Fi
yans

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well, the plastic mag release is there to protect from pre-mature mag replacement. It works just great. The trigger is not a problem either. A lot of guys change out parts for more expensive flashy, or finely tuned, depending on what they want. Some just change em out like it was a Harley....the more flash and shine, the better. As far as the factory parts are concerned, they will deliver exactly what the factory designed them for....an accurate reliable pistol that will last a long time.
Everything else is personal preference.

and oh....Welcome to the forum.

You said 3 hiccups, but there's only 2....what's the third?
------------------
Really interesting....Don't ya think??

[This message has been edited by Newton (edited 06-25-2001).]

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
I agree with you on the plastic trigger (on any gun, not just Para's).

I actually LIKE the plastic mag release. It definitely saves wear and tear on the expensive factory mags. If you need to get a metal one (or an aluminum trigger), www.brownells.com has both.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I guess ill just keep it the way it is.

------------------
Semper Fi
yans

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Originally posted by yans:

By the way all I had to do was put a faucet in for her, it took all of 20 mins!
Kool, so she gets an anonomus donation from a caring Person Looking out for a widow as we all should.
good work!
geo ><>

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Tip for making the plastic mag catch last longer......

Push it in while seating the mag, and then let it out. Stops the plastic catch from "rounding off" as it snaps over the mag catch hole in the magazine tube.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
George
I was kinda woried about getting flamed for taking it but I have been helping her out. About 6 mo. ago she really found out that I like to shoot and has been giving me stuff since then. I got a Moison Nagant rifle, a SKS, Rem.700 in 300 win mag, and a 357.

I keep telling her that Ill do it for free but she kinda digs seeing the expression on my face when she hands a gun over. By the way he had also a P-12 that will be coming to me pretty soon.

------------------
Semper Fi
yans

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Umm, yans, would you mind if I come with you next time?

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Yans,
NO Flame intended at all, You do not have to answer to me! not at all. There is this other guy, been around forever, him you have to answer to

geo ><>

besides it was more of a prod than a flame

1 - 12 of 12 Posts