1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!! I have what has turned out to be the most expensive paper weight I have ever owned. Its a P16-40 I purchased from a well respected member of my gun club , the piece in question has not had many rounds through it but it has a lot of problems. The pistol has a very annoying habit of going into the full auto mode after the first shot and staying there till the mags empty. The magazine sticks in the well and will not eject,I could go on and on . I have had the disconnector,sear,hammer,mainspring and grip safety replaced but to no avail. I'm at my wits end , please help if you can.....

·
Registered
364 Posts
wooo, have you tried to cahnge the sear spring??????? Or better yet send it to Dawsons or EGW. I am sure they could fix it.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Have all the trigger group parts checked by a compedent gunsmith one that is familiar with the 1911 pistol. You mentioned the mag sticks in the gun does it feel like the trigger returns all the way forward with the mag in the gun? If it does not this may be your full auto problem. Also if the mag is bumping the disconnector this can cause the problem you described.
Regards, Bob Hunter www.huntercustoms.com

·
Registered
364 Posts
Did the previous owner have these problems, or did they only start once you got it?

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Goodevening ahahahahha

what parts did you use to replace the para parts with??
Bob is probably right again, the mag sticking could be on the trigger bow.
geo ><>

·
Registered
253 Posts
Tap a 3/8-inch hole in the bottom of the dust cover, thread in one of those handles off of your weed eater, and don't mention anything else about it to anybody.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts